11.17.2012

{World Prematurity Day}

11/17 is World Prematurity Day, a cause very close to my heart.  My introduction to prematurity came in 2006 when I started working for the March of Dimes.  What an incredible organization.  I spent three wonderful years there and only moved because The Daddy got orders to move us to CO.  I learned a lot from the organization, but especially from the families.  Heroing stories, heartbreaking stories, healthy babies, not-so-healthy babies, all stories that were directly effected by our mission.  Little did I know, the March of Dimes would play a HUGE part in my life even after I no longer worked there. 

March 22, 2011 I delivered my gorgeous twins at 36w1d.  Despite being nearly full term, they had a number of issues ahead.  Silly us, we thought 36 weeks meant big babies who would come right home.  As we found out, that's not always the case. 

My post from WPD one year ago.
A post from their due date (4/18/11)

Me on Delivery Day
.

Birth Story Part 1
Birth Story Part 2
NICU Update 1
NICU Update 2
NICU Update 3
NICU Update 4
Fancy Goes Home
Waiting on Coach
Coach Goes Home

We had a great experience in the NICU.  The staff was unbelievable and they made a hard situation, bearable.  We were asked to be the family on the BirthPlace's brochure/leaflet and website.  They interviewed us and have embarassingly large pictures of us up all over.  I was happy to sing their praises!  We're thankful for all they did for us and our babies.


Hospital Campaign Pictures
Brochure
Interview Embarassing, don't judge :)
Seeing our first sign in public!

Kudos to you if you get through all those posts!  Enjoy!  I'm going to go snuggle my babies!

***I was involved in a discussion about the term "preemie" with some other moms of multiples.  It would seem that my children fall in the "preterm" (with unfortunate complications) category, not premature.   I apologize if I offended anyone :)***

No comments:

Post a Comment