4.12.2011

We're all HOME!

Big boy SHOCKED us on Sunday by passing his room air challenge!  Not even 24 hours after the Neo's and nurses told us not to expect him to pass for at least another week to two weeks.  I left the hospital pretty sad on Saturday, hence the post below this one.  I hoped he'd "beat the odds" and he did :)  When A and I got to the hospital on Sunday, M's nurse greeted us with a big smile and said "I have to apologize, I've been calling M a wimp all day and he just proved me wrong."  I couldn't for the life of me figure out what she was talking about and then she told me he was passing his room air challenge with flying colors.  We left him off oxygen for over an hour and he held his own like a CHAMP!  He is home on oxygen though, which we are thankful for.  After being in the NICU with the safety of the monitors to keep you sane, its hard to not be able to see his pulse ox, heart rate and respiration rate.

We have tons of pictures, but I haven't uploaded them just yet.  M had his first pediatrician appt this morning and we're happy to report he broke the 6lb mark!  He's currently sitting at 6lb and a 1/2oz.  A week ago Miss A was 5lb 11oz, we're pretty sure she's at least 6.5lb now.  She eats like we never feed her.  M is still a bit finicky (sp?) and doesn't eat near the volume she does, but Dr. G said not to compare them, that he's gaining and growing and thats all that matters, he'll probably lap her in a couple weeks.

So much more to write, but this post has taken me 3+ hours already (typing between feedings and diaper changings), so I'll have to wrap it up and write more when I can.  I'll make sure the next post has pics too ;)

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! Can't wait to see pictures of everyone at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH YAY!! I am soooo happy that BOTH babies and all of you are all home, happy, healthy and well!! Congrats on your sweet new little family!
    Love you sweetie!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO happy for yo guys! YAY for babies being home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, they look just like their grandpa!! Oh, how cute Annie looks and how handsome Mack looks. Love, Grandpa Ron.

    ReplyDelete