On March 21, 2011 I spent my day scared poopless. I was less than 24 hours from becoming a first time mom to twins. I was about to have major abdominal surgery, which I would be awake for and have to get a shot in my spine for. Our whole world was about to flip. I was also ridiculously excited. I was excited to meet these two miracles I'd prayed for all of my life. I was excited to not be so large and uncomfortable. I'm thankful I was able to get to 36 weeks, but there's no way I would have made it to 38. My body was DONE. Ideally, it would have been nice to have been pregnancy longer though. If I could have avoided NICU time for my babes I would have.
M was home scrubbing the house from top to bottom trying to prepare himself and Nellie (dog) for all the big changes coming our way. He says he watched some Lost, went to crossfit and spent the entire sleepless night contemplating his last hours before he met our babies. He was nervous too.
A lot of my antepartum nurses came in and out all day trying to keep me occupied so I wouldn't stress/worry, etc. They were fabulous. FABULOUS. They'd been there for me for the last 4 weeks. I knew delivery day would come, but I hadn't thought about just how anxious those last 24 hours would be.
@ 9am on 3/22 preparations for delivery began. Time escalated so quickly from that point on. In fact, I'm not sure it's slowed down yet!
I'm not sure if I'll be on to post a birthday post tomorrow or not. We've got family coming in and I've got tons to finish up. I'm hoping I can make the time! If not, here's their arrival post I posted a couple days after they were born and Birth Story Part 1, Birth Story Part 2 and Addendums to the birth story. Just in case I don't get on to re-hash all the events of their birth, you can stay busy with those :)
We've been singing "Happy Birthday" all week to the babies and each time I start the song they go crazy! I'm so butt-crazy in love with these two.
No comments:
Post a Comment