Our sweet twins turned ONE last Thursday and I've spent the better part of the last four days trying to recap the last 12 months. Impossible when the first 3 are a blur :) You can thank newborn twins for that! I think that's how mom's of multiples survive. They go into this sort of robotic mode. Otherwise, its just too stressful.
Though, if you're asking, I think mobile (tantrum throwing) twins are MUCH harder than the newborn stage. We were at Best Buy the other night and a guy stopped us and said "twins?" and we nodded. He said "oh you're in the hardest stage right now, give me newborns over toddlers any day." I could have kissed him. He just verified everything I'd been feeling lately. I was sure it was just me and that I just sucked and couldn't hack it. NOPE. Twin toddlers are TOUGH. Sweet, but tough.
Anyway, back to the birthday. All day Thursday it was just me and them for most of the day. M graduated ALS that evening and he spent much of the day preparing for that in class. It was a normal day. I sang "Happy Birthday" to them too many times to count and they laughed and thought it was the greatest. That night my dad, step-mom, brother and grandpa came into town and we had dinner with them. Low key, it was great. Friday we did the tourist thing, 16th Street Mall and Idaho Springs (Beaujo's) for dinner.
Saturday we ran and picked up the food, cakes, balloons, etc. It was a great day. Chill, fun and just how we hoped to celebrate the babies first year. They're such miracles, I can't even believe it some days. I'm so thankful for these two sweet kiddos. I fall more in love every day.
Getting cleaned up for the party!
She has a thing with the faucet. She's so cute.
Twins are so fun! Always someone to play with.
Laughing at/with Daddy!
Daddy graduated!
Mommy's wiped.
Happy Birthday beautiful babies!
Coach and Uncle S
Happy Fancy and my step-mom N
New toys from Nana L
He LOVES his new ride. Love this smile.
Great Grandpa and Fancy
We dig our new Mega Blocks table!
Cake! Rasberry filled, yum! This was the richest cake I've ever had, but probably the best.
Smash cupcakes
Blowing out their candles for them. I was too choked up to sing. Seriously. I cried every time I tried to sing so I just stopped and smiled at them instead :)
First taste...
Gettin' dirty
Sugar coma
Loving on Grammy
Papa is so much fun, so are TJ Maxx receipts.
Water bottles are way better than our toys!
My cup runneth over :)
We forgot our party hats at the party, so we wore them for breakfast the next morning.
I have 300+ pictures from the day, so you're lucky this is all I posted ;) It was a wonderful birthday, a wonderful party and they are just completely amazingly wonderful babies. Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes!
Stats:
Coach-Almost 22lbs! No idea on length, etc. We just weighed them on our bathroom scale. He stands all by himself, has 8 teeth and dances like a fool! He walks only holding one hand and he has some basic words (that I've mentioned before). He's such a love and gives hugs and kisses when we ask for them. He's also started throwing tantrums. You know, the kind where they throw their heads back. Yeah. He's also started hiding things. I'll ask him to please give me whatever he has that he's not supposed to have and he'll crawl away and put it behind his back or hide it. Tricky little man!
Fancy-Almost 21lbs! See above. They're neck and neck at this point!



























No comments:
Post a Comment