3.28.2012

{life with one year olds}

Obviously, its not much different than life with 11 month olds, but somehow they seem less like babies and more like big kids.  Maybe its the crossover into year two.  I find myself finally missing those little bitty babies we brought into the world one year and six days ago.  I also find myself excited about all the toddler fun we have ahead of us.  Its a strange place for a momma to be.

Life continues pretty much as normal.  We have 2 months until our PCS to the southland.  I'm excited, but scared about all the shit we have ahead of us:  buying a house, getting out of our base rental (more on this below), packing, the actual trip there with 15 month old twins...  Just a LOT going on!

As far as our base town house, we've lived here for 3.5 years and we have pets and kids.  I'm TERRIFIED that they will charge us $$$ for normal wear and tear and an area one of our pets ripped up some fiber on the carpet in our upstairs hall.  Of course, I expect to pay for the repairs, but I'm just so scared they'll gouge us.  So many horror stories fly around about our housing office charging $5000 for damages.  It makes my stomach lurch to think about it.  Their website says normal wear and tear is permissible, but I'm just dreading that initial walk through.  I've been scrubbing bathrooms and baseboards with bleach all week.  Pray for us in the next couple months.

On the M front, he finally graduated ALS and life is returning to normal.  We're expecting orders to be cut April 1 for our June 1 departure.  He's pretty much just working normal schedules until we leave.  Fingers crossed for a relatively stress free next two months...RIGHT :)

Sorry, that's super boring, but I have two crabby little turkeys to get bottles and to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment