11.10.2012

{Phases}

Toddlerhood is no joke.  Totally not for the faint of heart.  Toddlerhood times TWO is doubly draining.  When the babies are doing what they want to be doing, the world is perfect.  Giggles, hugs, kisses, etc.  When they are told "no" or when we do something they don't care for...complete meltdown.  Today was a mega meltdown kind of day.  Its still melting, in fact.  I'm listening to Fancy scream.  I go in there every couple minutes to snuggle her and tell her that I'm just outside and its ok to go to sleep, etc.  She calms down and lays down with her baby doll.  As soon as I close the door, she starts screaming again. 

I'm half frustrated and half worried there's something else going on.  I've mulled it over with some friends who have toddler twins and everyone seems to agree its a phase and to just endure it as best I can.  I wish these phases got easier instead of harder.  Its heartbreaking to listen to your baby scream.  Poor sweet baby girl.  She's now up hanging out with me as I edit pictures and type this post. 

 

Pics I took around our yard
 
Update:  Fancy's fussiness didn't stop so The Daddy went in to get her.  He took her into our room and sang to her on our bed.  They both fell asleep.  I walked in to The Daddy snuggling his sweet baby, both of them snoring.  Swoon.  I woke him up and we transfered a very sleepy baby girl (she didn't even wake up) to her crib.  She's sleeping soundly :)  Cross your fingers that tired baby gets a good nights rest.  We have a birthday party tomorrow and they need to be well rested!

No comments:

Post a Comment