11.11.2012

{A, B, C...}

Today we went to Grady and Greer's first birthday party and of course, as luck would have it, I forgot my camera AND my phone.  I was so mad at myself.  Thankfully the daddy had his phone and got a few cute pictures.  We had a fabulous time with Chris and Jami's families and G&G had a great day!  It was so fun to watch them dig in to their smash cakes, though they were so proper about it, there wasn't a lot of smashing!  Adorable. 

Coach and Fancy had their first kiss. They were side by side in a couple of cozy coups with Greer in between them. She kept going back and forth kissing Coach and Fancy. It was so sweet! Jami got some adorable pictures, I can't wait to see! Fancy is still having a major issue with sleep.  Naptime was met with screaming and only when I pulled her into our bed did she fall asleep.  Only for an hour.  She was kind of a hot mess at the party, but we pulled it off and we all had a great time.  At one point she threw herself down on their concrete garage floor.  During another spazz episode, The Daddy was holding her hand and she got mad and started kicking.  It ended up being a full circle round house kick.  Pretty awesome! 

Tonight in the tub we were talking about the party and singing our abc's.  They repeat after us, so I said a letter and Coach repeated the letter.  Well, we got to "C" and I said "can you say C?"  He thought about it for a second and said "Wee wee!" and proceeded to find it.  Later on when we tried again they got to "G".  Go babies GO!

Speaking of the bath, tonight we noticed Coach was looking like he needed to poop.  The Daddy picked him up and sat him on the toilet.  He pooped!  It was purely coincidence, but its great that he actually pooped on the potty.  Everytime we've tried this before he held it in until we put his diaper back on.  We made a big deal about it and clapped for him.  He didn't really know what just happened but he was proud of himself. 

When we got out of the bath they were running around naked and Fancy peed on the floor.  It freaked her out in a major way!  She's never really noticed when its happened in the past.  I'm thinking they are starting to figure out the whole potty thing.  We're in no way ready (or going to push) to potty train, but its great to see an interest.  I'm going to buy potties around their second birthday and keep them in the bathroom.  I think we'll really start to consider pushing it around 2.5 if they don't seem to be interested before then.  Scary. 


A new week already.  How do the weekends go so fast?

No comments:

Post a Comment