9.28.2012

{It happened}

Coach has been disrobing every chance he gets.  His interest in taking things apart, seeing what's inside, etc has re-focused on his wardrobe.  We cannot keep clothes on this child.  When we put them on he shrugs his shoulders and walks around as if he has to get used to it.  He's a trip.  His favorite thing to "work on" are his jammies.  All those zippers and snaps are a dream come true.

For the last several mornings I've gone in the nursery to find him unzipped and his diaper all mangled.  I knew it was only a matter of time before it happened.  Sure enough, this morning I walk in to an unzipped, no-diapered Coach.   My stomach sank.  I walked over to him and there it was.  A turd in the crib.  Thankfully (TMI) it was solid and the damage was minimal.  He didn't even get it on the bumpers.  What a considerate little guy!

It was on his sheets, his jammies and in random places on his skin.  Oh and he goosed his sister's bear pretty good too.  I guess that's what she gets for throwing all her stuff in his crib, right?  Maybe I need to put her crib on another wall if this is going to keep happening.  Oh God.  I've heard rumors about the toddler poop obsession and to be honest I think I'll die if that starts. 

I have a triplet mom friend whose boys used to paint the walls, crib, themselves.  I.cannot.handle.that.  I told the daddy that he's getting sewn into his pjs from now on.  He was wearing a disposable dipe because we can't find a good overnight for toddlers.  I might just triple or quadruple stuff cloth for overnight now.  He knows how to unsnap, but he gets bored and doesn't make it through all six snaps before moving onto bigger and better things.  This might be our answer. 

I'm ok with him being naked.  That's baby 101.  Nakedness solves everything.  BUT when he's in his bed or unsupervised (which is only when they're in bed at night), he needs a diaper. 


Speaking of cloth, we're done buying!  Grand total $273.83 for 32 diapers and 72 inserts.  A generous friend sent us cloth wipes, a wet bag and a diaper sprayer.  I still need to get that thank you note out.  I'm horrible about that!  I hit some major sales and found an amazing deal on bamboo inserts.  Who knew inserts could be more $$$ than the diapers?  For starting so late, I'm pleased with that #.  I wanted to stay under $300. 

They'll probably potty train in the next year-year and a half.  Gosh I hope they're pt'd by 3.  We spend $100+ a month on disposables, so we'll make our money back quickly.  I'm not sure if these diapers will last for the next baby, but that's the plan right now.  I'll add some newborn and prefold to the stash, but this should carry us through potty training with the twins and the next baby, supplementing here and there as needed.  Cloth diapers do break down, so there will be some replacements, but that's just the name of the game. 

Here are the last two dipes I ordered today that rounded out our stash. 
I love minky.  They are so soft and they stretch well.  I'm not a big pattern fan, but we have a lot of animal print and a handful of cute patterned minky's like these. 

No comments:

Post a Comment