9.26.2012

{Running wild}

The babies haaate being confined.  Strollers, living room enclosure, even hugs at the wrong time send them into a tizzy.  Hello toddler independence x TWO.  I can respect this.  They're walking and talking, discovering their corner of the world.  As their mother, I love it!  When those fascinated little eyes fixate on something new a (figurative) door opens.  Discovery! 

Along with independence and fascination come defiance.  Their way or the highway.  That can get tough.  When we're at home and in the mood for an intense cardio workout, we let them run wild.  They love being outside and are newly fond of grass.  Well, Coach still hates it, but Fancy things its pretty cool to pick and throw.

The kitchen is also a favorite place for them.  Coach knows how to turn on the dishwasher and does it every time we're in there.  We have letter magnets on the fridge for them to play with.  They love getting into the cabinets and pantry and basically running amok.  Its precious.  Lets hope they get the mysterious cooking gene that I didn't get.  Santa is bringing them a kitchen and play food, so here's hoping :)

Funny story:  We were sitting on my bed folding laundry (they were looking at books) and I asked them if they could say "Fancy" and "Coach" (only with their real names).  Fancy just shook her head no and Coach said "YEP".  He wouldn't actually say it though, he just said "yep".  Then I asked if they could say their names.  Their response?  "Name".  I suppose I should have been more specific!




No comments:

Post a Comment