A friend of ours (who is fabulous and together and ALWAYS has her camera!) was snapping pictures at the RenFair on Saturday and she got a sweet one of our family.
The Daddy looks great in this. Coach looks good, but he was 1/2 way to a heat stroke (not really) at this point. Fancy was in the middle of a melt down (obv). Me? Well, apparently I was inflated at some point between my last peek in the mirror and this picture. I'm not thrilled with how I look, in fact, I'm disgusted, but I love our family and therefore I love this picture :)
Its unfortunate that I've let myself go this far. I've been walking and eating well/less. Now that the heat has finally left us we've been doing more walking in our neighborhood. The Daddy has been working everyday for the last 1.5 months and he was gone for 3.5 weeks of that. Needless to say its been stressful. Once the current mission ends (if it ends) we're getting back into our gym rotation (he goes in the morning and I go once the babies are down for the night).
Excuses. I know, they're like assholes: everyone has one and they all stink. Its just hard with twoddlers and a husband that works this much. The good news is, I'm motivated. I'm committed and I'm going to succeed this time. Goal 1 is 20lbs and then we'll take it from there. I'm 5lbs down. Its the same 5lbs I lose over and over again, though. I think seeing 6lbs lost will be a big milestone for me!
I've never been thin and I've never cared. I was healthy though. I worked out and ate well. My current girth isn't healthy and its not a good example to set for my children. Sure, I'm doing this for me in part. I don't want to look like this or feel like this anymore or ever again. BUT I'm mainly doing this for them. Those three up there in the picture with me (and anyone else who comes along). They deserve a healthy momma and wife.

No comments:
Post a Comment