8.02.2012

{Words with twins}

These kids are talking up a storm!  They repeat everything they hear (or try to at least).  Some new words lately include "thank you" "bye bye" "Bubba" "Sissy" "doggy" "toes" "kiss" "huggie" "booty" "Elvis"-our cat, sounds like "Ewis" and the list goes on.  I was editing some pictures yesterday and they were pointing at pictures of themselves saying "sissy" and "bubby" and "nana" (their word for Fancy's name) and "Muh" (their word for Coach's name) heart crushingly adorable.  They get so excited when they recognize themselves or each other on the computer.  They also say "baby" when I look at friend's baby pics on fb.  They're understading what we say as well.  If I ask them to go put a certain toy in a certain place, they do!  We're going to start working on helping momma clean up the living room :)

Sharing is going well.  Coach is so funny, he always brings two of something when he's playing and gives one to his sister.  Fancy is doing well, but is having a little bit of a harder time.  If she has two of something and we ask her to share she usually runs around for a little bit (with Coach chasing her) and then throws down one of whatever she has in Coach's general direction.  Usually she does really well, but that's been an issue lately.  We're getting there.  They're still the cutest little people EVER.

Its been so nice outside lately.  This rain actually does have a purpose!  Tonight we went for a nice little stroll around the neighborhood.  Pointing at some houses we'd like to mimic and others we wish would get their shit together.  Is it that hard to mow your fucking lawn and weed your garden?  I feel a little sad there isn't an HOA forcing this particular family to mow.  We live in a 100% military/cop neighborhood.  Those are some of the most together and neat men and women on the planet.  Here's to hoping there's a deployment involved and they get their act together soon.  They waved to us and said hi as we passed so I felt momentarily shitty for thinking ugly things about their yard...only momentarily though. 

Thank goodness that house is on a side street.  Anyone potentially buying our house in the distant future maybe won't see that.  We have sand instead of soil.  Nothing grows well here and after a matter of a year or so, all of our sod has been overtaken by these sand monster weeds.  Our whole front yard is some sort of mini-trees.  You know what else does really well in sand?  RED FUCKING ANTS.  Annoying doesn't even begin to cover it. 

I find myself missing Colorado lately.  Maybe its this hellish heat, I don't know.  I think another trip to Carolina Beach is in order to cure this pesky feeling.  Tomorrow I'm meeting some fun ladies for wine, hopefully that makes this hot, sticky, sandy, stormy place starts to feel more like home :)  Well, that and FINALLY buying paint for the projects we have going in our heads. 

And finally, I leave you with this because they're irresistably cute.

(source)

I mean, really.  How cute are they?  Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment