8.08.2012

{so sleepy}


So after my post last night things got muuuch worse. 
I started out with both, rocked them to sleep and put them back to bed.  Then all hell broke loose. 
Fancy woke back up, screaming and so I rocked her back to sleep and put her back to bed.  As soon as I closed their door, Coach starts wailing.  After this back and forth until around 2am I just drug them both into our bed and kicked the daddy out to the couch. 

Lots of tossing and turning later, the little ones were snoring.  They woke up at the crack of dawn and proceeded to be crab apples all day.  I got them down for a 3 hour nap, though.  I slept too.  I haven't done this up all night stuff since they were newborns.  Whew! 

I'm going to tell you a secret.  Now please understand, I hate that they're in pain or afraid, but snuggling with them was just so amazing.  One baby in each arm.  They nuzzled into my neck like they used to when they were itty bitty.  Light baby breaths on my neck, heaven.  I don't wish last night on any of us anytime soon, but its good to snuggle with my too cool for school toddlers. 

Not to jinx myself, but tonight's going much better.  They went down so easily and they're just snoozing away. 

So I've mentioned the storms we've been having, right?  Daily.  Today was a real doozy. 

Clouds rolling in to our back yard.  They were a lot more ominous than the picture looks.

Storm coming through from the front yard. 

Rainbows after the storm.  The sky was such an interesting color.

Beautiful sunset.


No comments:

Post a Comment