8.09.2012

{//}

Two years ago today I saw two lines. 


We had just completed our first IVF cycle and I was a basket case. 
I still had 2 days until my clinic pregnancy test and I was so sure it didn't work.  I had the tell tale cramping and I was beisde myself. 
I was at work and not getting anything done. 
I decided I needed to know.  I just needed to put myself out of my misery so I could move on. 
I knew I'd be sad, but I needed to know. 

I popped out of the office around 9:30am and went to the grocery store around the corner. 
My hands were shaking as I tried to decide on which test to buy.
Eenie meenie miny mo.  Picked one, bought it and practically ran out the door. 
I got back to my building, rode the elevator for 9 agonizing floors and whipped into the bathroom on our floor.  I was practically dry heaving at this point.  One of the most intense moments in my life. 

I did what I needed to do and set the test up on the ledge of the toilet paper holder. 
I couldn't bear to watch it to see if I a line would appear. 
I looked at the floor for what seemed like an eternity.  I couted slowly in my head thinking I could count to two minutes.  Ha! 

After about 15 seconds I looked.  My heart practically pounded out of my chest as I was struck dumb.  It was positive.  It worked.  Oh my gosh, now what? 
Oh ya, I had to tell the daddy.  I planned on finding out WITH him or at least planning something memorable.  Instead, I texted him the picture above. 

The Daddy:  "So, what does this mean?"
Me:  "It means you're going to be a daddy!"
TD:  ":) :) :)"

I called him and we had a quick little chat.  Both of us were pretty much speechless.  We celebrated that night when we got off work and then we waited.  Waited for our pg test at the clinic.  Waited for our first OB visit.  Waited for them to get here. 

8/9/10 was one of the biggest and most incredible days of my life, its just crazy that its already been two years! 

No comments:

Post a Comment