8.08.2012

{Sleep}

So the last two nights Fancy has been waking up screaming.  Not just a fus, but a full on give-it-all-you've-got scream.  Its so intense and almost like she's afraid of something.  I hear her wimper a few minutes before the scream comes and when I go in there to check on her its like I can't get her out of her crib fast enough.  She calms immediately when I pick her up.  If I try to put her back in she screams until she gags/can't breath.

Tonight she went down fine at bed time, but woke up a couple hours later.  I went in to get her, calmed her down, rocked her and put her back in.  She screamed so hard, with such intensity.  Its really frightening to watch her get so upset.  Rinse and repeat a couple times and then I just decided to hold her until she fell asleep.  I just put her back down and she seems to be doing ok.  I looked at her gums and she's got four big bulges where I'd think her molars might be trying to errupt.  They're not red though.  I gave her some baby ibuprofen and she seems to be doing better.  I'm at a loss and its heartbreaking to watch your child like this. 

I've been reading that night terrors could be a side effect of molar teething.  She's been tugging at her ears an awful lot.  Sometimes you can't help but cry along with them when they're like this.  Its so hard to not know what's going on or how to help.  She looks at me expectantly, wondering why I'm not helping her more.  Heartbreaking.  The ibuprofen seems to have helped.  My anxiety has kicked into overdrive and a million things are going through my head. 

They've never had a problem with teething.  Fancy might get a little agitated, but nothing crazy.  Nothing like this.  Coach has 16 teeth and is cutting more and you'd never know he cut all four molars at the same time.  I've heard molars are tough, but she doesn't seem to be reacting to pain.  It seems like something is scaring her. 

Today we went to the children's interactive museum in downtown Fayetteville with a friend and her twin boys.  L&G are a month older than Coach and Fancy and it was so fun to see them all together.  Also, reassuring to see that her boys have the same toddler tendencies ;)  Both of us were so worn out after that!  We went to a coffee shop after that and walked around downtown Fay.  It was a good time! 

Please keep our little gal in your thoughts.  And maybe her momma too, I have a hard time with this stuff.

2 comments:

  1. We're going through separation anxiety issues right now. Sophia used to go into her crib without any issues but now it's a fight and lots of screaming and crying. Last night I just cuddled her until she fell asleep and never heard a peep out of her.

    Maybe Fancy is waking up at night, not being able to see because it's dark, realizing you're not there and flipping out. Do you have a night light? Does she have a lovey she can sleep with?

    Molars are also giving us all sorts of problems too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have two night lights in there. I'm thinking of leaving the light on for a night or two to see if she does any better. She does fine all day and at naps, its just at night. Coach got his molars around 14 months and had no problems. I'm thinking its teething because her gums have 4 huge swollen lumps where molars will be. Poor babe. I hope Sophia's troubles get better soon too!

    ReplyDelete