8.18.2012

{Big ole' babies}

We weighed the babies today on our home scale and we were shocked when the numbers popped up on the scales.  Fancy weighs 25lbs (65th %) and Coach weighs a whopping 27lbs (69th %)!  Holy chunks!  They have always been in the 25th - 40th % for weight.  They're getting BIG!

They've been mimicking the faces we make for a while.  I started to notice it when Fancy started copying my nervous blinking habit.  Anyway, we play this game with them where we make a face and they copy it.  Its the funniest!  Watching them interpret our expressions is hysterical!  Sometimes when they're playing I'll catch them practicing the faces we do.  So cute! 

We got to skype with my dad and step mom today.  The babies said "Papa" and "Nannie" and were just generally hams.  They were in awe of the whole experience.  They've skyped several times, but I think this is the first time they've actually paid attention.  They thought it was so neat to see Papa on the screen and they kept waving and smiling.  They're the cutest. 

Watching the Hatfields & McCoys on History Channel.  AMAZING.  I can't believe thsi feud is A) factual and B) went on for so long.  Over something really dumb too.  The next time we drive home (if we ever drive home) I'm definitely going through WV.  The families reportedly get along now and have reunions to commemorate the feud.  There are even trails around the area.  Someday I'll get there :)

We live in the middle of nowhere and there are farm fields on all sides and for 10 miles each way into either town.  We've spotted corn, cotton, soybeans, sweet potatoes and a handful of other things, but the biggest fields have stumped us.  Today we figured it out.  TOBACCO.  NC is a huge producer of tobacco, so this isn't a surprise.  No real point to this paragraph, its just something we've wondered for a while.  Now we know!

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment