Today we went to check out downtown Fayetteville. I'd heard about all these neat little southern shops (think polka dots, precious crochet dolls and monograms/initials galore!) and history. It didn't disappoint! We hit up Bumbledoo (formerly Sweetbottoms Baby) in search of cloth diapers. I wasn't impressed with their selection. They had some awesome hats (see below), adorable leather shoes, lots of breastfeeding resources and tons of baby wearing devices, but their dipes were on the $$$ side. Its the fad, I didn't expect to get a bargain, but I hoped to at least come away feeling good. I didn't. They have a great natural line of diaper sprays, rash creams and other amazing whipped delights.
After that we walked around a bit and ended up in a random accessories store. They had everything and everything was monogrammed. It was grossly over-priced, but I made out with a cute iphone cover:
I got it for $12. I've seen in on the web for $40. No idea why its that $$$. I think its cute :)
At that point it was too hot to discover anymore and we came home. The babies slept in the car sporadically so of course their nap was a disaster. When they got up they were maniacs! The Daddy taught them to bow (you know like "take a bow") and how to wink. They "dance" at all of the commercials. They're a hoot! Sometimes a little sleep deprivation is pretty entertaining :) They welcomed bedtime and are snoozing sweetly. Hopefully this wicked storm doesn't wake them.
We actually wore our new diapers today. Only one because we were running errands, but it was a success. I only used one insert and I should have used two. Live and learn. I tried to get some good pics, but they're never calm, so this is as good as it gets. I prefer the solid colors to the patterns. I think of all the diapers we have coming maybe 12 are patterns. The rest are solid. Just looks more classic to me.
Happy weekend! No plans here, just relaxing and enjoying the fam. Enjoy!



No comments:
Post a Comment