2. Fancy has the diaper rash from hades and we let her run around naked this morning to air out her poor little booty. She went into the corner with the toys, squatted and peed. Rather than get up and clean it right away, we just laughed. She thought it was funny, why not join in, right? I did clean it up about a minute after it happened.
3. I love holding, playing with, being with my babies more than anything, but when the daddy gets home, I let out a huge sigh of relief. The reinforcements have arrived!
4. They're in a food funk. We've been eating a lot of pancakes.
5. We're still stuck on paci's with no intentions of getting rid of them. I'll re-evaluate around 18 months. I do think its important to get rid of them for dental reasons, so it will happen, but its so hard to take something from your child that they love so much...and keeps them so chilled out. No matter what's going on, paci soothes. Its magic.
6. We blew a tire on our jogger today. I think we filled the tires too full. We were in JC Penney when it happened and it sounded like a gunshot. A loud gunshot. The whole store stopped dead in their tracks and stared at us. All I could do was laugh hysterically. I'm fairly certain the old lady walking past us when the blow out happened, peed her pants.
7. I'm afraid to take the twins anywhere by myself. They're so fast and so curious, they disappear without warning, always in the opposite direction. Also, I'm not certain I could maintain my composure in the event of a double melt down in public.
8. The babies get just as excited when they hear The Office intro song as they do when they hear Sesame Street.
9. I hate that Fancy has a diaper rash and seeing her in pain is the worst feeling in the world, but she's ultra snuggly and it made me realize how much I missed that.
10. I secretly, or not so secretly, sort of hope the next pg is twins again. Is that bad? As overwhelming as two can be, its just amazing. I can't even describe it. Its just incredible. I'm not sure how serious that hope is and I'm fairly certain the daddy doesn't share that hope :)
On a pest note: The roaches have been defeated (knock on wood), we haven't seen spiders in a while, but now the ants have come marching one-by-one, hurrah, hurrah. They come in a miniscule crack in the front door and file along the walls of the living room. I was sitting up late one night and as I got up to go to bed I noticed ants all over my living room floor. We had crasins earlier in the day and apparently we missed one when we cleaned up. And apparently that one fucking crasin was enough to call every ant in a 10 mile radius.
We vacuumed every inch of the living room, every inch of the couches and furniture and put out ant traps and vinegar. We got them all, but we noticed some of them coming in again last night. Another massacre via vacuum and it seems we're safe tonight. The daddy took the dog out today and saw this:
They're pretty large for something labeled "ant". The daddy killed it and when we came back outside the red ant population of our lawn was carrying/eating its body. Time to break out the big guns I think.

The crunchy granola moms I know SWEAR by coconut oil for diaper rash. Just fyi. Hope she heals soon!
ReplyDeleteI laughed hysterically (out loud) just reading about your tire blow out.
I have a memory from when we lived in Arkansas of standing on the roof of my little tykes car out in the front yard so I could get a better look at a cow killer ant that was in a tree. Big scary things. And where was my mother?!
Great post.