7.25.2012

{Chicken}

I chickened out on calling the dentist.  ONLY because the military switched dental coverage and I realized I had no idea who we were now with.  I'll make the appointment tomorrow.  Promise. 

We got a huge shipment from Crazy 8 today...finally.  They had a mega-sale and I went a little crazy.  Since we live in the land of eternal summer, I bought 18-24 month shorts, dresses, polos and t-shirts.  We're already buying 24 months in some brands for Coach.  He's a chunk.  He's weighing about 27lbs these days.  What? 

We had a fun, slightly productive, photo shoot today.  Here are the two I'm planning on (maybe) printing on canvas.



I still need to work with the color and exposure a bit, but I love them.  When I get more consistently decent pictures under my belt I'm hoping to get a workable editing program.  Everything I use now either came with my camera or was a free download (Picasa, Gimp, picmonkey.com, windows pic/vid editor).  I don't care for any of them really.  I loved the software that came with my camera, a lightroom knock-off, but I lost the disc and have gotten a new computer since. 

I'm getting frustrated with my camera.  Its a basic "entry-level" dslr.  I certainly haven't mastered it yet, but I'm annoyed with its limitations.  I'm considering that a new lens might help.  Ultimately, a more advanced camera is what I need.  I just can't justify $1000+ for a camera when I haven't even become a "pro" yet with the one I have.  All the more motivated to master this camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment