Not much going on here right now. M's had a lot going on at work and we haven't gotten time to finish the job. What a headache. I'm so far over this move/adjustment it's not even funny. I'm looking forward to meeting up with some girlfriends and getting to know this place.
Still struggling with bugs outside. They're EVERYWHERE. If you open a door, any door, you can see just about any species of bug flying or crawling around. My skin is continuously crawling.
We laid roach traps outside where we saw them. I guess that's interesting. I'm literally panicking at the thought of those disgusting fuckers getting into my house. I can't even tell you the lengths I'm going to to keep this place spotless. Our garage is another story.
We didn't get the truck unloaded until late Friday night. We put a lot of the boxes in the garage so we could sort through them later. NC is exceedingly buggy. Hot, wet, perfect for the nasties. Well apparently, roaches like cardboard too. In addition, our rural trash company won't/can't deliver our can until Friday. That's right, a weeks worth of trash (diapers, food, boxes) piling up in our garage.
Needless to say, we laid the traps around that pile. It's supposed to poison the whole nest. We'll see. I just opened the front door to let Nellie potty and a big, fat roach was hanging out on the front door (outside). I can't live like this, but I am not going to spray pesticides in and around my home where my children and pets can breathe/ingest the poisons. I've heard boric acid works also. I want them GONE. Oh, there are a bazillion ants and spiders out there too.
It's a rough assimilation, but I'm hoping it starts to feel like home soon. I hate to say it (after complaining for years) but I miss Colorado. Clean, dry and virtually bug free. We're hoping to go to the beach this week, so maybe that will help.
Still no Internet until Friday, but I leave you with some iPhone pics
Even baby batman needs his rest :) and little missy and her sleepy diva self!


You said it is a new build home right? Maybe once you start taking some action they will push back and find another location to torture. You'll always have to do some maintenance on the issue but maybe it is awful right now because the house is a new build and has been empty? Hope you get it figured out! Don't let it ruin this new adventure :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Kristin! Its getting better. I think getting the trash out and finally picked up helped. The boxes are mostly gone as well. We laid more traps and they seem to be thinning out. We'll spray if we keep seeing them, but its been a couple days since we've seen any. Thanks for the support :)
ReplyDelete