6.02.2012

{A day at Maramec}

Today the babies and I made a trip to my hometown.  We visited with some wonderful people and went to Maramec Springs with Grammy.  It was a blast!  It was an unseasonably chilly day, but perfect for visiting a natural (and completely amazingly gorgeous) spring, old iron works and trout fish hatchery.  The babies LOVED feeding the fish.  The hatchery is divided among ages and the big fish were their favorite.  They jumped higher when we threw in the food.

Maramec is an old iron works.  The structures that still stand are unbelievable.  There are a couple chimneys from the original settlers left and sadly, a devastating cemetery filled with mostly small children who perished in a whooping cough outbreak in the early 1800's.  Its incredible to think what vaccines could have prevented.

Anyway, on to the pics (taken with the same poopy iPhone camera as yesterday's pics)!

The hatchery is to the left of this picture.  This is obv part of the iron works.  Or what remains of the iron works.
Grammy (my momma) and the twins scoping out some Missouri ruins.  Which is pretty exciting because NOTHING survives this humidity.



The spring.  Pretty darn neat.  This is actually where it feeds from and it disperses via a little river all over the site.

Yes, the water IS actually that blue.

Trout!

Fish by the billions.  These were a little more mature, but still feisty.

Part of the hatchery.  Spring runs to the left of this enclosure.

Fish are neat momma!

Coach and Grammy.

Sweet baby gal.

Over the fish.

Braving the grass.

She did it!  They HAAAATE grass.  This is a huge development.

Big man prefers the cement.  Weirdo.

Hi pretty girl!

Grammy and Coach.

They were obsessed with the cracks in the sidewalk.  All that history and beauty around them and they choose a weed growing out of a cracked sidewalk to ooh and aah over.

I'm just smitten.  This was a couple nights ago.  Baby daddy requested a pic.

Hellova deal on these.  There was a 30% off sale and my step-sister had a 20% off coupon.  Best of all...THEY MATCH!  I had to send them to our new address (eeeeee!) so I'm hoping we beat the package (not likely) or our sweet Realtor picks it up for us.

Tomorrow is Art in the Park and I'm excited to see what fabulous artwork CoMo has to offer.  Its an eclectic place! 

Our tour de Missouri is coming to a close.  I'm excited to get "home", but I'm a bit sad we're moving even further away.  The breaks.  Say a little prayer that our final inspection goes well (fucking base housing) and for safe travels to NC.  On my way to my hometown this morning I stopped at McD's and got an iced coffee and an egg mcmuffin.  I know, I know.  I was exhausted and starving.  Anywho, my total was $6.66. What.the.fuck.  I'm petrified something bad is coming.  Say a little prayer on that account too, if you would :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment