6.04.2012

{Eastward HO!}

In a little more than 24 hours this train leaves for NC.  Incredible.  I know its all I've blogged about for probably the last several months, but its mind blowing that its FINALLY go time.  Our house closed ahead of schedule last week and our sweet realtor (who's taking care of everything for us) said the house looks fabulous and is waiting patiently for us.

I can't wait to get there, get unpacked and get my piggies into the Atlantic.  Also, I'm excited about decorating. I haven't ever really gotten the chance, so I'm pumped.  I'm REALLY pumped about the nursery.  My step sister is the most amazing "finder" out there.  She finds the most amazing things on Craigslist, ebay, etc for fabulously cheap prices.  She found this bedding (with the intent to use it for her own children and changed her mind):

Why yes, discontinued Serena & Lily "Lucy" and "Henry" MATCHING collections.  Incredible.  These suckers retail for a little over $500 each.  

We're painting the walls the darker green in the fabric and still unsure on the curtains.  I'm ridiculously excited.  My babies are 14 months old and are just now getting the nursery of my dreams.  Woops.  I guess better late then never, right?  The kitchen will most likely be a rich (but light) beige, tan and the living room is still very much up in the air.  Our couches are a light brown, so any kind of tans or beiges on the wall in there will be too much.  I'm considering an accent wall in a bold color, but I'm pretty sure I'll chicken out on that.  My idea was to do a barely there color and go bold on the curtains and decor (red, most likely), but now I'm not sure.  


Truck's loaded, Jeeps on the trailer and in the morning, M's headed out!  

I'm enjoying our time in Missouri, but I'm ready to have my family back in one piece.  My babies miss their daddy and I miss my rock.  The babies also miss Nellie.  They've been calling every dog they see, Nellie.  

In the midst of all this moving, my kindle broke and our stroller is being a little finicky.  The good news is, the stroller isn't broken, just temperamental.  The kindle is a goner.  We're probably going with a kindle touch this time, so I guess all isn't lost.  I looooove my kindle.  Its killing me to see it and not be able to use it.  

On the stroller front, we're getting a jogger!  I want this one:  


You'll recognize this as the BOB Duallie tipping the scales at just under $700 (before taxes and shipping).

M wants something more reasonably priced like this:  


InStep Safari Grand Jogger coming in at an affordable $225 (before taxes and shipping).  

OR this:


InStep Safari Tandem Jogger, similarly priced to the one above.  

This is getting a little nit picky, but the sun shades are just not doing it for me on either InStep model.  The BOB shades come all the way down like our City Mini Double:  


Love this stroller so much, but its not a jogger.  Totally not a crime to have multiple strollers for multiple uses.  

I do like the InStep tandem model.  I love having them side-by-side, but I feel like life could be easier to maneuver in a tandem.  I've heard most people don't like their tandem strollers because they are hard to control, but if its just for jogging and outside fun, who really cares?  That right there is evidence that we don't need to spend $700 on a stroller, isn't it?  Damn.  

Thanks for listening to my stroller babble.  Its keeping my mind off of the final inspection tomorrow morning. Back to paint, kindle and stroller hunting to keep myself sane :)  Next time I blog, I'll probably be "Gone to Carolina"

No comments:

Post a Comment