5.13.2012

{Mother's Day}

Today I'm celebrating my second Mother's Day and my own mom's 28th Mother's Day.  All my life I have dreamed of being a momma.  Now that I am one, I can unequivocally say it exceeds even my wildest expectations and dreams.

As I speak, the two wonderful beings that made me a mother are playing together so sweetly.  Its almost nap time and every few minutes they'll walk up to me, crawl into my lap and lay their heads on my shoulder.  For just a minute, but a minute is enough.  Then another burst of endless toddler energy and they're off to play once more.

What a blessing motherhood is.  Its by far and away the hardest thing I've ever done, but also the very best.  Sometimes, long after the babies have gone to sleep, I sneak in to watch them sleep.  I just marvel at God's (near) perfect design.  I am so thankful for them and the miracle that they are. 

After my ectopic I wasn't sure I'd ever be able to celebrate Mother's Day as a mother.  My mercifully short stay in the infertility world made me realize that could be a reality and very much is reality for many women struggling to get pregnant.  So to all the mothers (birth, adopted, foster, surrogate, soon-to-be, etc.), today's your day.  Celebrate. 

M is working today and so the babies and I have been playing and snuggling on this poopy, cold, Colorado spring day.  Our LAST week in Colorado.  Ohfuck. 

She was really upset when her headband fell.

It just hit me that I have a week left in Colorado.  Feelings of panic, excitement and sadness are rushing through me.  Fear because our whole life is changing.  Excitement, well, we've been waiting for this day for almost 4 years.  We have a beautiful house (almost closed) and a beautiful new area to explore and fall in love with.  Sadness, this is our home.  Where our babies were conceived and born, this is where we became a family.  

I'm overwhelmed in a major way.  The first of many emotions, I'm sure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment