He grew up in a small town in MO. He's got 2 brothers and a sister, all older. I can't speak to this part of his life because, well, I wasn't a part of it. We met in college.
M and I met 10 years ago (in November). It was M's 20th birthday and I wandered over to his fraternity house with one of my sorority sisters. We met, we danced, we talked and that was it. From that day to this, he's been mine. A couple days later he took me HERE. We made our way up to Inspiration Tower and he told me one day he'd marry me. Four years later-to the day- on that very same spot, he asked me to be his wife. One year later-to the day-we married HERE.
We graduated from college in Dec 2005 and I while I went to work in the accounting department of a not for profit in Kansas City, M became a Sheriff's Deputy in a neighboring town. That didn't work out. Right before our wedding, he DEP'd into the Air Force. He left for basic training in April 2008. In December 2008 we moved to Colorado where we've been
He's pretty much my opposite in almost every way. See? To his credit, he puts up with most of my crazy. He's the yin to my yang, as cheesy as it sounds. The man keeps me balanced. This was our first trip to Leadville together. We'd been in CO just a couple months before the snows cleared enough for me to drag him up to my favorite place.
He's a pretty serious guy. Very conservative, but he's a jokester too. This was at one of my besties wedding's in May 2009. The flowers were just amazing. He apparently dug em' as much as me.
He makes me laugh.
By far and away, what I love most about him is this. This was obviously taken the day he became a daddy.
He's such an amazing father. From the day we found out we were pregnant
its like a light switched on inside him. Like he found the right fit. Finally.
He rocks. Always has. This last 10 years has been an adventure, can't wait to see what the next 10 look like!









No comments:
Post a Comment