So the title has two meanings. One: we're leaving the Midwest for southern living. Two: See below.
The babies got a hold of my latest copy of Southern Living. Two things ran through my mind. First, that I really should take it from them before they make a huge mess. Second, what the hell. Why not let them play with it? So I did. We sat and ripped and tore and had the grandest time! They giggled, got out some of their 13 month old aggression (which they surprisingly have) and didn't fight once.
Coach is all boy, as they say. He likes to flip things, break things and see how things work. He was smacking the crap out if Midwest Living when I took this.
Dainty, girly little Fancy waived around her little snippets so proudly. Notice the pinky? She's fancy-like ;)
Just some good ole' theraputic magazine ripping.
I love this.
Stopped to see what Elmo was up to.
I love this face. She does it all the time. I think she's showing off her teeth. Like a wolf.
Then we rode our cars a bit. They've been going nuts pushing these things around the pit, riding them, putting things in the "trunk", etc. They also are in love with their walkers and spend hours going back and forth. We race sometimes. Don't take this the wrong way, but how do singleton moms entertain themselves and their toddlers?!? Despite how hard it is to have two the same age, its so fun! I secretly (or not so secretly) hope for twins next time. I think.
They love their window.
And I love them.
Full of win. Sneaky Fancy, those thighs! Coach's mischievous face.
They've been hysterical lately. They chase each other around the pit and giggle when they get caught. They have started hiding things. When they have something they know they shouldn't, they hide it behind their backs and when we reach for it, they pull it away. Sneaky littles. They are still just taking steps here and there, no real walking to speak of. Wearing 12-18 month clothes. Fancy can still easily wear 12 months though. Coach is just too long.
They love to walk holding our hand. They are getting more and more independent by the hour. They love to explore and they LOVE talking on the phone. They put anything that remotely resembles a phone to their ear and say "Hi!". They then continue babbling on into the "phone". They like to help too. If I'm scratching my arm, they'll come over and help me scratch. The sun still rises and sets with Elmo. They're dancing fools. Any music makes them shimmy and shake!
I'm just smitten. Some days are hard, but we deal and move on. We're transitioning from co-sleeping to crib sleeping. What perfect timing, eh? We do most naps in cribs and we have an established bedtime in the cribs. They cry for about 2-10 minutes before they finally fall asleep, which breaks my heart, but they're starting to get more comfortable. I'm very pro co-sleep if you can do it safely, but they're toddlers now and its time to transition. It was probably time long ago, but I love it. Their cribs are in our room right now, but when we get into our new house, they'll be sleeping in their room. We're undecided whether to split them up or not, but I'm pretty sure we'll keep them together since we plan on having more babies and we'll need the space. They love being together anyway, so it works out.











No comments:
Post a Comment