4.23.2012

{code brown}

Coach pooped in the tub tonight.  Poor kid.  Poor Momma & Daddy.  Poor Fancy (who was in said tub).  We got both babies out and I was holding Fancy in a towel and M was holding Coach.  We were discussing how to clean the tub and disinfect the toys when Coach started to pee.  All over Daddy.  Fancy and I got a good chuckle.  In his defense, he was firing off man sized farts for like 3 minutes before he launched.  We now know better than to laugh when he farts in the tub.


That's the second time in 13 months this little sweet face has done this.  Oh Coachie.

Fancy was none the wiser.  She kept playing with her toys. 

At the pediatricians today we saw a baby about their age.  He was stripped down to his diaper to be weighed and his mom took him over to the murals on the wall.  This kid pointed at each picture (mural of tropical animals) and said "monkey", "bird", etc.  I looked at M and at our barely speaking 13 month olds and felt inadequate.  Am I doing something wrong?  They both repeat everything we say, but it sounds like a baby sounding words out, not the actual word.  Needless to say, we're working on our words :)

MMR vax update:  they took a 2.5 hour morning nap and woke up smiley and chipper.  They ate well all day and played just like usual.  They took their normal afternoon nap, took them a while to settle down though.  Slept for about 2 hours.  Ate dinner and played as they usually do.  Fancy's leg is no longer sensitive, but the two places she got stuck are bruising over.  I guess that's normal.  No fevers to speak of.  They just went down for the night, so we'll see how that goes.  

I think we've decided that the babies and I will leave CO a week earlier than M.  His out-processing is all on military time and that means we can't plan around the babies if we wait to leave together.  It will give us time to get there on the babies time, see family for a week and when M catches up with us in MO we'll head to NC.  He's keeping the animals with him.  He's got buddies to help him load.  He's dealing with housing.  To show you how fucked up housing is:  they were driving around on a golf cart all day with cameras taking pictures of yards with too much poop, broken blinds and any other infractions they could find.  FUCKED up.  

Like I mentioned previously, our cat clawed two small areas of carpet down to the fibers.  One right outside our bedroom and the other right outside the nursery.  They also sometimes use the stairs as a scratching post and the carpet looks fuzzy in a few areas.  Nothing bad, but if they're as nit picky as the wives say...we're in trouble.  Thing is, we've lived here three and a half years.  That's a long time and a lot of $$$.  We stayed when everyone moved out 2 years ago and housing was only 25% full.  We stayed when they raised the rates and when they changed companies FOUR times.  The townhomes were only 2 years old when we moved in.  

The life span of the carpet is said to be seven years.  Its been in for 5.5 (at least).  PLUS, we lived here with pets.  Logic tells us that the carpet needs to be removed and replaced after pets (obv), but who knows.  I'm afraid they'll try to gouge us for the damages (we expect to pay for the damages sustained while we lived here, we're not trying to get out of that).  There are parts of the carpet where you can see that they've cut out sections and replaced them.  The entire home doesn't have the same age carpet.  Tough to say what they'll throw at us.  

Of course M is militant and says "I dare them to try to _________ (insert bogus charge)."  But, they've been known to be punks and call security forces at the slightest raised voice.  I'm afraid to leave him to deal with it all, but my nerves cannot handle it.  M's brother is a lawyer and so is my step-father, so we'll have them on standby.  My fingers are crossed that a call/letter from a lawyer will right the situation and  make sure they only charge us for what we actually OWE.  

I realize I ramble incessantly about this.  I'm sorry.  We all do.  I was just talking to 2 wives on my block and they said the same thing.  They're moving out the same week as us and they're terrified too.  One has hard woods, so she doesn't have much to worry about and the other has only been there a year.  I know its a silly thing to ask for prayers for, but if you can think of me and my crazy anxiety as we carry out this move, I'd appreciate it.  In two days M will be in NC with my dad putting an offer on a house (OMG).  In 2 weeks we have to have this place spotless and ready for inspection.  In 3 weeks we have to have EVERYTHING done.  The babies and I will leave in 4 weeks and M in 5 weeks.  

Rambling again, sorry :)  I hope Monday wasn't too terrible!  On to Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment