Today the babies got their second round of 12 month shots. We broke them up to make them a little bit easier on them. They got Varicella (chicken pox) earlier in April and today they got MMR and Hep A. I wanted to postpone MMR until 15 months, but measles in on the rise BIG TIME and I couldn't put them at risk like that. I've gone back and forth a million times and decided that I just couldn't gamble with their health.
So, today, we took the plunge-pun intended :). Fancy had a nasty reaction to Varicella, so I'm extra vigilant. She got a large, hard, red welt on her leg at the injection site that is just now starting to disappear-3 weeks later). Its just a bruise now. I actually had the very same reaction when I had the vax a couple years ago. Only mine was really painful.
So far-an hour out-Coach seems indifferent. He's playing and laughing and doesn't seem to notice. Fancy is extra clingy and cranky. She won't let me touch her leg where she got the shot either. I suppose that is to be expected after you've had two shots in the same area though.
We're going to snuggle a lot today, snooze and hope that my apprehension is unfounded.
On another note, THREE of the homes on our list sold this weekend. What the fuck? My favorite and M's favorite went under contract the same day. We have eight houses left on our list. I'm getting pretty nervous. Especially since two aren't what we're really looking for. One of them doesn't have a garage and the other has bright red carpet, is over-priced and needs paint. My dad and M are going to NC this week, so cross your fingers/pray that we are able to buy a home that we'll love.
There's my anxiety dump for Monday :)
No comments:
Post a Comment