4.22.2012

{13 months!}

Man what a trying couple of days.  This toddler thing is no joke.  More on that later.  Up first, the anatomy of a twoddler photoshoot.

Starts out ok.  They're not big fans of looking at me and smiling in sync, but then again, what 13 month old is?

Coach sits still for about 15 seconds max.  He then rolls over and hops up to scope out what he can destroy.

I wrestle around with him a little bit trying to keep him occupied and facing me.  After a couple minutes I give up.  Fancy's motto:  If you can't beat em', join em'.

Then daddy comes to try and help.  He always stands way out of range so all the great shots I could get with his help, look like this.

I use a toy to try and distract them and make them smile.  All that does is give Fancy the "me!", "me!" bug.

And with that, this photo shoot is over.

 I look tired, puffy and VERY frustrated.  That about sums up life right now.  Exhausting and incredibly frustrating.

Onto something more positive?

Coach stood still long enough for me to get a picture without motion blur.  Yeehaw!

And Fancy's her usual fancy self.

Sassy as all get out.

We did have fun with my sunglasses.  Coach wrestled them away from his sister (of course he did, because the day wouldn't be complete without constant fighting) and posed for me. 

My glasses look so much better on them, don't you think?

We've got her trained :)  She loves trying on bows, sunglasses and accessories.  She likes being told she's pretty!  We're creating a monster...

Today at church Fancy had a hysterical surprise for us.  During the singing we gave them sippy's with milk to coax them into a nap.  They nap through every single church service.  The beauty of church being at 11:15am.  Gotta love military chapel!  Anywho, we sit down for the sermon and pull out cherios that I thought would keep them quiet.  As soon as Fancy sees them she screams so loud it echos.  It was a short, quick outburst, but loud enough that you'd have heard it outside the building.  Ya. 

Once I got over the shock and embarrassment of it, I started laughing hysterically.  All through the Lord's prayer I couldn't get a hold of myself.  It was awesome.  Not long after, as usual, they fell asleep for the duration.  As we were leaving and old retiree stops us and says "your children were angels today."  Um, thanks?  You know my feelings on children in church.  They need to be there unless they're disruptive.  I'm not going to hand over my children to a stranger when they're just going to nap anyway.  I'm not going to sit in a cry room either.  I'll keep my thoughts to myself about that one.  Whatever.

To sum up our week:  its been a motherfucker.  The babies are boycotting naps, refusing milk, fighting-oh the fucking fighting, and throwing tantrums like its their job.  With M's help I'm adjusting to our new life with crazy toddlers, but M is going out of town.  I'm legitimately afraid.  They have a tendency to gang up on us and leave us curled up in the fetal position.  They think its funny.  

In all seriousness, its not that bad.  They're their usual adorable selves most of the time.  We were at McCabes today for lunch and a group of older women were oohing and ahhing at the babies.  We got to chatting and talking about difficulties that come with raising 1 year olds and they said almost in unison "just wait til they're two."  Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat.  

13 months, here's what's going on:

Coach:
-taking steps here and there.
-loves milk! 
-likes riding on his car and flipping stuff over/crashing into things.
-repeats everything we say.
-loves bath time.
-loves fruit.  We haven't found one he won't eat.
-biting.
-gives hugs and kisses when you ask for them.
-loves being outside

Fancy:
-see above.  They're pretty much doing exactly the same thing :)


No comments:

Post a Comment