My plan was to be home for the memorial, but due to some of her grandchildren only being able to be in town this weekend, they are having it sooner rather than later. I'm sad that I won't be there with my family to honor this great lady, but I'm so thrilled all her immediate family will be there to say goodbye. The breaks of living so far away. I hope she would understand that she's in my heart even though I can't be there.
On a lighter note, I found some old wedding pics. Old as in, I got married 4.5 years ago and I'm about to turn 29 in 2 months, old. That was a fabulous day. Confession: We're STILL paying for it. Worth it? Jury's still out. I could have gotten married for 1/4 of what we (and my parents) paid and still have the wonderful, happy memories. In the end, no matter how much you spend, you're still married, right?
We got married 11.3.07 at the beautiful Powell Gardens at dusk. It was a dream come true. Chris from Glow Imagery was our photographer. He was amazing!
Me, right before the wedding. I love this one.
My sweet bridesmaids
Groomsmen
Seeing each other for the first time :)
My all time favorite pic ever.
My cousins (and two of our flower girls) having a totally un-posed moment by the lake.
The chapel we got married in, just before the ceremony started
Right after my (actually my step sister's) veil got caught in the door
Ceremony. I love this place.
Vows
Kiss
We're married!
Cake and grooms cake. M was working in politics when we got married, hence the capitol cake.
It was a good day :)
No real reason for this post. I just came across these pictures and felt like talking about it. Its been 4.5 years. WOW. M and I have been together 9.5 years. Over 1/3 of my life. Incredible.
















No comments:
Post a Comment