12.24.2011

{Musings on a Christmas Eve Eve}

My posts from last year on Christmas Eve Eve and on Christmas Eve last year, really hit home JUST how much our lives have changed in one year.  My New Years Eve post from last year takes me back to those uncomfortable pregnant days (or what I thought were uncomfortable then-little did I know!), just the two of us.  It feels as if Coach and Fancy have always been here, its incredible to think back on a time when they were "baking" or not here yet at all.  What did we do with or days?!?

Here's what we do with our days now...at least partially.

Good morning sleepy heads!  Ready for breakfast.

The aftermath.  Daddy shoveling snow.

Nellie LOVES the snow!

Time in the toy pit with daddy

Can I just open this one?

Morning nap.

They staggered their naps today (yay...).  As soon as Coach woke up, Fancy dozed off.  Good thing mommy and daddy were both home today.

As soon they see the camera they smile like this.  Training em' young.  Their reaction to the beep of auto focus is to blink, I caught this milliseconds before the blink.  9 times out of 10 I'm not so lucky.

She turns the light switch on over and over.  Like her momma, she could care less about the stove.

Cranky that brother is now interested in the kitchen.

I just like to smile.  Smiling's my favorite.  Name that movie!

Pause in playtime for some daddy sugars.

I only play with these when I'm over everything else.

More daddy sugars.

He's thrilled to be playing with the donut.  Can't you tell?

Time for nap #2.

Refreshed and ready to go back into the toy pit!

My how things have changed in a year.  And I'm so glad they did :)

Oh and they're playing with toys in boxes because they're Christmas presents that I refuse to rap (due to the sheet # of them).  They see toys and instinctively migrate to them.  We just let it ride.  We'll take them out of the boxes and give them free reign on Christmas morning.  Lord help us!

No comments:

Post a Comment