I discovered Nuby pacifiers today. We have a few teething toys by Nuby and they were cheaper than the Nuk paci's we usually get, so I thought I'd give them a whirl. They're silicone and oh so wonderful. Coach, who only takes a paci at bedtime LOVED these the instant we let him try it out. Fancy always has a paci hanging out of her mouth and she also loves these. When the babies suck on them they pop out a little and their mouths aren't butted up against a hard plastic shield. So far, so good!
I understand not all parents are big fans of the paci, but when you have two whiny babies and only one set of arms, pacifiers are an absolute necessity.
This kid...
...is relentless these days. He's into EVERYTHING. When he's not sleeping or eating, he's on the move. I put them on their play mat today and put some bottles in the kitchen (maybe 15 seconds TOPS). I come back to the living room and he's across the room and pulling all the diapers out of the bins we keep them in. He not only got to the bin, pulled it out and to the diapers, but the diapers were still in the plastic wrap from the box. He somehow got through the plastic wrap. I freaked, immediately checked for small pieces of plastic in or around his mouth/face. He apparently had just torn a small whole in the back and figured out how to pull them out. ALL IN 15 SECONDS.
They were in their play station's (wally and wanda wonderbug) today and M and I were looking at something on the internet, a foot away from where they were. I look over and Coach had almost inched the lamp off the table. Apparently Inspector Gadget loaned him his go-go-gadget arms.
When this kid wants something, he stops at nothing to get it. Toys are one of his big triggers. When they sit and play there's a lot of toy thievery going on. One toy in particular (the drum) is his special toy. Anyone touches it and he FREAKS. Naturally, Fancy always takes it from him. Today was no different. They were sitting and playing and she steals the drum. He just starts swinging at her trying to bat the toy out of her hands. Of course both babies are now screaming all over a stupid little cloth/plastic drum. I've never seen a baby so violently attached to a specific toy.
The DRUM
He's really starting to mimic our words now. I don't think he knows what he's saying, but he'll see M and say dada. He'll see Fancy and say nana (a variation of a nickname we call her). He'll see me and say dada. Ha, poor mommy :( He's not talking yet, but I do think he's beginning to understand word associations. Its so fun to watch them learn!
This little wildabeast is definitely in her momma stage. If she sees me I HAVE to be holding her or she freaks. Coach is that way to an extent, but she's a total momma's girl right now and sassy as all get out. She is a "my way or the highway" kind of gal for sure. We're in for a real treat ;)
Both babies are giggling up a storm and we just figured out that their feet and arm pits are ticklish! They love to laugh! Its such a joy to watch two happy babies play. They absolutely have their moments and those moments are very trying, but you get through it. There are WAY more smiles than tears in parenthood.
Have a great rest of your weekend!




No comments:
Post a Comment