Basically we know nothing more than we did a couple days ago. I went for a cervical spine xray yesterday afternoon and my Dr's nurse calls me back today and says "well, you have a stiff neck." Really genius? That's exactly why I've been coming to see you guys for the last few weeks. To find out WHY I have a stiff neck. When I asked if they could see the cause of it, she just says the report read "possible muscle spasm". I don't think you can have a muscle spasm for 5 months.
I asked her if she thought that was possible and she reminded me that I had young kids and that I was STILL working (whatever that means). They think its 100% stress related. I don't. I'm terrified there's a much bigger problem at play here. My Dr and another Dr at the MTF explained that this isn't how brain tumors present and that shouldn't even be on my radar. It is.
I have pressure in my face (primarily cheeks, lower forehead and bridge of nose)-behind my ears, slight vertigo-light headedness from time to time, a chronic stiff neck and a slew of other things that come and go. My ears feel clogged, I feel like my right eyelid slightly droops lower than the left, I feel like there is pressure behind my eyes. I don't get headaches really, just tension from trying (and failing) to stretch my neck. It started with the neck issues and the other crap came much later. And as of today, I have jaw pain also. I'm at a loss as to where to go next.
I'm making a neurology appointment on Monday. Maybe he/she will be able to help me figure out what's causing this mess and how I can start to feel better. I'm also going to start physical therapy and possibly look into massage and/or a chiropractor. I'm stressed, I'm frustrated, I'm completely scared I have something horrifying causing this and I'm emotionally spent. Some days I feel 98% normal (I always have varying degrees of stiff neck pain) and others I feel like I'm falling apart. Today was one of the bad days.
When I have an update I'll make sure and post. Until then, please continue to keep me in your thoughts/prayers. Thanks for bearing with me as a fret (yet again) over my health. I really hate being in this place of fear and worry. I promise I'll be back with baby pics and fun stories tomorrow :) Have a great weekend friends!
I hope you get some answers soon. I hate that you're getting the run around. I wonder if you did some deep stretching like yoga or something if that would help? If anything, it may help with the stress. Sending good vibes your way!
ReplyDelete