10.24.2011

{SEVEN months}

Yesterday my precious babies turned 7 months old!  How the eff is it possible that they are closer to a year old than they are to birth?!  I shamefully haven't yet taken they're 7 month pic, but I will as soon as I get my camera charged.  Here's what they're up to at 7 months!

Fancy
*  Sitting all by herself, well, mostly.  She tends to topple over after a couple minutes, but she's able to sit up and play with her toys, which she loves.
*  Waving.  She fully understands waving now and when we wave to her she waves back.  Its pretty stinking precious.
*  Stealing toys.  I've talked about this before, but she's being into taking things from her brother.
*  She loves hair.  She pulls mine and loves to rub her daddy's head.  She hasn't figured out that Coach has hair yet (thank the Heavens).
*  She loves to "sing".  When we're listening to music she chimes in with her best Mariah impression.  Usually its a bunch of screeching and nonsense, but Momma likes to think she's working towards being a BIG star ;)
*  She's full blown teething.  I think I've proclaimed this about 3 thousand times, but we're actually teething now and I expect to see a little pearly white start to poke through soon.  She's chewing her frozen toys and ice in her mesh feeder like there's no tomorrow.  That's gotta mean something, right?
*  During diaper changes she fights with her brother over who gets to chew on the wipe bag.  Its crinkly and apparently TONS of fun to play with.  Yesterday they got into a full blown tug of war match over the wipes.  Complete with both of them swiping at the other one.  Gotta love the twin bond!
*  She eats like a champ!  The only thing she really doesn't like is peas.  I can't say that I blame her there.  Her brother and daddy both hate peas too, so she comes by it honestly.
*  She's completely enamored of her daddy.  As soon as daddy comes near she reaches for him and starts giggling.  Everything he does makes her so smiley.  I just love that she's so sweet on her daddy!
*  She's really starting to talk and actually make more sounds.
   -Dada
   -Nini
   -Mama
   -Nene
and a slew of other noises and sounds she randomly hears.  She's starting to mimic sounds she hears.
*  She's getting pretty sassy.  I mean, she's always been sassy, but she's starting to let us know when she's annoyed or pissed.  Its hysterical.  Temper tantrums here we come!
*  Into everything.  And I mean everything.
*  Sleeping all night.  Except when her brother wakes her.
*  Hates nap time.  She goes down in her crib, but doesn't like it.  She prefers to still nap on us or in her swing, which she's pretty much outgrown.  We're working on it :)

Coach
*  Not so great at sitting, but we're working on it :)
*  He's into literally everything.  He's interested in how things work and touching whatever he can get his hands on.  I love that he's so inquisitive!
*  Army crawls and scoots all over the place.  We put him on his play mat and by the time we turn back around, he's across the living room.  He's a mover and a shaker!
*  BIG talker.  He loves to be heard.  He's into making noises with his tongue.
   -Dada
   -Blah
   -Nana
   -and every variation in between!
*  Total Momma's boy.  He looks just like me and I'm his favorite person.  I love that!
*  Grunting.  He really lets us know when he's upset with us.  He'll look right at us and grunt really loud to show he's not happy.  He also fake coughs to try and make us laugh.  I need to catch this on video, its hysterical!
*  Another teether here.  He loves his ice too and is drooling enough to fill buckets!  I think his first tooth with pop through before his sister's, but we'll see.
*  Kid loves to eat.  Also dislikes peas, but everything else so far is fair game.  He eats and eats and eats.  Its as if he's never full.  His big growth spurts as of recent are proof!
* Still wakes up once a night to eat.  We've tried to drop that feeding, but he wants/needs it so I'm happy to get up with him.  As soon as the bottle is in his mouth he dream feeds, so its literally a 15 minute feeding and we're back to sleep.  He'd sleep until about 9a, but his sister doesn't wake to eat most nights so she gets up earlier.  I'd say they're up for the day now about 7a.  He's totally ready for another nap around 9a-10a though.
*  Great napper!  He naps in his crib for usually 2-3 hours in the morning and 2-3 hours in the afternoon.

I think I've covered everything, if not, I'll be back to supplement WITH a pic!  I realize I'm breaking my own rules by not posting a pic.  Sorry!!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe they are 7 months old already! It seems like yesterday that I found out you were pregnant with these little guys.

    I kind of hate you for posting pics from Insidius. I HATED that movie! It seriously scared the shit out of me! Once it's dark through the house, I creep myself out by thinking that slimy red guy is slithering across my wall. Heeby jeebies.

    ReplyDelete