That's right folks, snow has finally found us...well, it will this afternoon/evening. Shit. We had a fabulous summer and an even more wonderful fall. Unfortunately all good things must come to an end. Maybe its not an end though, maybe its the beginning of something wonderful? Something chilly, but fabulous. I hope so!
My appointment went well yesterday. I love her so much. She's bubbly and cheerful, just what I need. She doesn't think any of my issues are neurological. She did all kinds of tests on me yesterday to check neuro function and she says everything looked perfect. I should back up. When she walked in she asked me what was going on, I told her about my neck and other rando symptoms and that I'd read somewhere that these things together could be indicative of something wrong with the brain (cancer, tumor, etc).
She said she didn't believe I had anything wrong with my brain, but we did test after test to check (at least on the surface) my balance, sensitivity to stimuli, tracking ability, etc. She told me she didn't feel a scan (MRI CT, etc) was necessary at all. That's when I lost it. I asked her if it wasn't neurological then what the eff was causing all this? She said she thought it was a variety of things, but she said since I was so afraid of a brain anomaly, that she's schedule an MRI just to "rule it out" so we can move on to other issues.
She believes my diabetes from pregnancy is back. Fucking fabulous. I'm absolutely terrified that I'm right and there's something going on in my "noggin" as she puts it. As far as the neck, she thinks the way I sleep, carrying two rapidly growing babies, posture, bed rest and extra weight are to blame. She said if the MRI comes back clean we'll do some "body work" with the physical therapy team.
I'm just so tired of not feeling like myself. I want answers and I want to feel better. Please keep me in your prayers. I'm struggling and scared.

Aww love. I'm so sorry you have this to add to your plate. Not knowing what's going on with your body is super scary. I've had lesions on my liver for 3 years and no one can tell me why. Go look at www.mybizzykitchen.com She has a lot of really great recipes. She is also diabetic, so maybe you can find a little inspiration from her ;) Sending lots of prayers your way!
ReplyDelete