10.04.2011

{roadtrip}

Last Thursday night we began our 717 mile journey from home base to home town (well sort of).  Around 9pm we fed and loaded Coach and Fancy into their carseats-they promptly fell asleep.  The car was packed to the GILLS...literally.  I totally wish we had a pick of that car, insane.  

I squeezed in the back seat between our sleeping sweet peas (yah, my feet are still numb) with my bottle station (our saving grace on this trip) and my pillow.  There we were, just the four of us on the open road.  But seriously, the babies and I conked out about 5 miles outside of Denver.  Poor M!  

The babies slept, and slept, and.........SLEPT.  When they started to stir (around their typical night time feeding times) I whipped up bottles and had them in their little mouths before they were even fully awake.  Back to sleep they went.  Around Topeka we had to actually wake them up for breakfast.  Yes, you read that right.  We ate at IHOP around 5am.  It was nice to stretch our legs.  The waitress and early bird clientele were extra creepy, but we ate fast and were again on our way.

About an hour outside of COMO, these two fun turkeys woke up to play!



Since they slept so well, they were in a fabulous mood!  We played with all their toys and sang songs for the remaining hour of our trip.  All in all, I'd say you can't get a much better scenario for a 12 hour car ride with 6 month old twins :)  The return trip is another story entirely...

Up next, weekend fun!

P.S.  Guess who's twins are army crawling?  If you guessed mine, you'd be right :)

No comments:

Post a Comment