Its ON! My babies are six months old and I promised myself I'd start a healthy living/fitness plan when they were eight weeks old. Woops. I'm tired of being a bloated, unhealthy version of my former self. Granted, my former self wasn't going to win a Miss Fitness America pagent anytime soon, but being overweight with the battle scars from a twin pregnancy makes me feel repulsive.
Having GD and not being able to enjoy food at all (in my opinion) really rocked my eating habits after pregnancy. All that junk I couldn't have on occasion during pregnancy, I ate in mass amounts post partum. I am very frustrated with myself, there's no excuse. What's done is done and now I get to work on shedding the post partum pounds.
We've decided to revamp our entire system. We're rearranging our budget to pay off our cars a couple years early (hopefully by January 2012). We're rearranging our routine to include more cooking as a family, chores as a family and fitness as a family. I'm working a bit more until the end of November, so we need to streamline our routines to ensure maximum output. When you have two very active babies, a (close to) full time job, debt that needs to go, 30+ lbs to lose and a home that needs to be kept in ship shape, you REALLY need a plan that works.
We're both motivated to make these changes. We know it will be hard in the beginning, but we're hoping it becomes habit pretty quickly. Our kids deserve healthy, organized, happy, loving parents. They have all that, but we're kicking it up a notch. Something clicked in me recently and I like my new way of thinking :)
Coach figured out how to do a fish face! I'm trying to get a pic of it, but as soon as I pull out the camera he smiles :) I'll take dimples and a gummy grin any day though! Fancy has started to do a similar kissy face. They're so funny! They grow and change SO quickly its scary. I'm afraid I'll wake up to teenagers tomorrow. Seriously.
Speaking of changes, I'm considering going back to using our real names. I'm going to talk to M a little more about it. Yes, the blog theme has changed again. I can't find one I'm super excited about. I like this one and it was a TON of work to get it up and running, so I'll probably stick with it for a while. I hope :)

Loving the new layout! And the pic of the kiddos is super duper cute!!! with you on the fitness goals! would love to hear more about what you are doing!
ReplyDelete