10.27.2011

{rewind}

Just a couple minutes old.  Coach is the sweetie pie closest to my face and Fancy is the screamer closest to M.  Comforting to know, not much has changed :)

The first time I held them both together.  Oh man, this was an emotional moment.  They were in there together for so long and then dramatically separated.  I was so relieved when Coach was off the vent and healthy enough to be with his sister again.  It just feels natural for them and us for them to be together.

Daddy's turn!  We totally got used to the head IV thing.  Not long after this pic was taken, Coach yanked his out and there was blood EVERYWHERE.  Cue heart attack.  Thankfully, they never replaced the IV after that because he was doing so well!

Coach is on the left and Fancy is on the right.  Is there anything sweeter than two brand new babies snuggled up?  This was a VERY hard time for us (NICU), but they were so sweet.  I'm glad we have these pics!

Just to show you how teeny they were.  Those are just your regular ole run of the mill soothies.  They took up half their faces!  They were a little over 5lbs here.  They were both 5lb at birth and this was about 5 days after they were born.

There's nothing more wonderful in the world.  I love these guys.  A whoooooooole lot.  

I saw this on another blog I follow.  I'm going to try to incorporate some "rewind" posts from time to time.  You forget how teensy they really were and how truly FAST they are growing!

Please keep praying, waiting on the referral to go through so I can make the MRI appointment.

I just read about a sweet woman that used to post on some of the same boards as I do.  She had triplets last October.  She'd been battling cancer for 5 years and she lost her battle last night.  Her babies (Gavin, Preston and Kesleigh) are just a year old.  I'm so heartbroken for her family and especially for her beautiful babies.  Keep the Joule family in your prayers tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness that is so sad. Sending lots of prayers their way. I love the teeny little baby pics! They are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete