9.21.2011

{to the moon and back}

Six months ago today, I was preparing for the biggest role of my life. 

My CNA, Sarah, drew a calendar on the white board in my hospital room.  It was the month of March and she drew a HUGE circle around March 22nd.  The calendar was called "Countdown to Coach & Fancy!".  By that point in my stay, the nurses were like family.  The very familiar nurses would come check on me even if they weren't assigned to me.  That week, I got to share our good news!  We'd FINALLY be meeting these babies! 

They'd seen me through some of my darkest days.  They cheered me on and cheered me up when I needed it.  They learned my babies quirks-Coach ALWAYS had the hiccups and Fancy liked to roll into a ball under my ribs and stick her butt out.  They knew where each baby "hid out" for NST's and they became pro's at knowing who was who...which is tough when its not your belly! 

March 21st, the day before I gave birth, was a day full of so many emotions.  I remember being absolutely petrified and absolutely happy all at the same time.  We stood on the edge of oblivion, not sure how our lives would look in 24 hours.  I took it all in.  The last moments as just the two of us.  The last kicks.  The last few hours of inside babies. 

Reminiscing is bitersweet.  I love that my babies are here and wonderfully beautiful and healthy.  I can't tell you what a joy they are.  But, there's just something magical about being pregnant.  Growing your child(ren), nourishing their bodies.  Watching them grow as you grew.  It was just the three of us in one body for so long.  Now I had to prepare to share them with the world.  It was hard. 

Oh what a day!  Tomorrow we celebrate six months of life.  Six months of love.  Six months of learning.  Six months of milestones.  Six months of absolute and complete adoration.  I've been a Momma for six months.  SIX!  Its been the hardest, but undeniably the best six months of my life.  They are my heart.  They are my soul.  My love for them is undescribable.  To the moon and back is what we tell them, we love you to the moon and back.  And we do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment