Oh I love them.
Last night we got our oil changed for our big trip-and two new tires. I hate you Denver. That's neithere here nor there. We were talking to a Major in the Army. He, of course, asked about the twins and told us he had a 3 month old baby girl, Alexa. Fancy was laying on the charm. She was batting her blonde lashes at him and flirting like CRAZY! We're gonna have to watch out for this little lady. Coach, on the other hand, was more interested in daddy.
They both have started to pull our faces to them. I think that's their way of showing affection. I asked Coach for a kiss last night and he pulled my face to him and opened his mouth (baby kisses). Probably a cooincidence, but precious nonetheless. They love grabbing noses and sticking their hands in our mouthes. They're favorite is pulling hair.
They've both started to get on their hands and knees. They're not sure what to do once they're up, but its a start! They're REALLY expressive and their personalities are just amazing. Coach, our once quiet little man, is ob.nox.ious. He's always gabbing
They love kisses and rasberries, they love eating and putting anything and everything in their mouths. They love touching things. They're noticing textures and colors. They love to be held, but they're starting to wiggle around like they want to be put down occassionally. They like cartoons-yes, they watch about 20 minutes of a disney movie everyday so we can get the house picked up. They love music and when we sing, they start to flap their arms and get really smiley. I think they are starting to understand the concept of dancing.
Fancy is a FLIRT, as evidenced above. She's bashful, but its all an act. She's also really chatty and screaming/screeching is her favorite thing ever. They both love their play stations and they love to "stand" (we hold their hands). They're starting to be able to sit, assisted and for a few minutes, unassisted. Basically, they're growing at break neck speed :)
I thought I'd miss the newborn stage more than I do. I loved it, but I'm really enjoying every stage. The newborn stage is full of exhaustion, fear, learning, worry, etc. Lots of great things too, but the worry of those first few months can be overwhelming. I still worry, believe me, I worry a lot. Its a mom thing that you never shake, BUT, I'm getting my bearings as a mom. I know their habits. I know their cries. I feel a little more confident about things. I'm learning!
I miss the itty bitty babies we snuggled 6 months ago, but this age is such a blast! Their personalities just make life wonderful. They giggle and smile and "talk". They give hugs and snuggles and love bath time. At night, just as we're rocking them to sleep, we get a little glimpse of a time gone by. For just a few minutes, they're snuggled in our arms, just like the old days :)
I promise I'll take and post some pics soon. We're leaving for a big trip tonight and we're flitting around trying to get all the loose ends tied up. Hopefully I'll have a second or two right before we leave to get some posted.
Happy 6 monthday to the most amazingly beautiful creatures I've ever seen. I love you so much.
I can't believe they are 6 months already! Holy moly! Happy Half Birthday Sweet Babies!
ReplyDelete