My four (and a half!) month olds have REALLY taken to testing us lately. I guess I didn't realize this started so early. They're not testing us in the traditional sense, but they're really learning who they are and what kind of personalities they have.
I always joke that its Fancy's world and we all just live in it. This child wants what she wants when she wants it. Or else! She's sort of always been like this, but I thought it was just a newborn thing. Nope. She can be playing on her play gym, looking in her mirror and giggling and the next thing I know she's screaming like someone is sawing off her leg without anesthesia. Originally, I thought it was a pain thing. We took her to the pediatrician several times. She tugs at her ears when she's tired and sometimes when she is in the throes of her hysterics she pulls on them. She's not sick, she's a diva.
Its the strangest thing. When she's screaming, as soon as she gets what she wants it stops as quick as it started and she's smiling/laughing again. We REALLY have our hands full with her! She's a little darling and she's learning how to play us. I have already seen hints of that look. The look where she knows she's doing something wrong and she does it to test us to see if we'll notice. Of course she's not old enough to do this yet, but I've seen the face.
Don't let Coach fool you with his sweet innocent dimples. When he's upset he's really UPSET. He gets all rigid and throws his body around. Picture a flopping fish out of water. We have to belt him in wherever he's sitting because he can easily throw himself right out of the bouncy and swing. He's got some force behind his little body. When he's having one of his fits in the swing, I'm worried he's going to flip it. Is it bad that both my 4 month olds have horrid tempers already?!
Mornings are so fun. Fancy wakes up at 7 on the nose and starts gabbing away. Of course with her chit chat she wakes her brother and he joins in. No matter how tired I am, when I look over to where they are they both get the biggest gummy grins. Who can go back to sleep when the two most completely wonderful babies ever are smiling at you??? They're smiling because I'm Momma. Be still my heart.
We listen to music, we change diapers, we dance a little. We laugh a lot. We smile until our little faces hurt. Oh how I love mornings. Oh how I love these perfectly gorgeous babies :) I get to be their mommy and they are the reason I was created to walk this earth. No matter how many of Fancy's diva episodes we have or how many times Coach tries to flop himself out of wherever he is in a fit of range, I love it. I love it all.
No comments:
Post a Comment