7.01.2011

{clone}

Well almost.  My girl looks more like her daddy every single day.  I think its safe to say I have absolutely no genetic claim on this child.  I couldn't deny her if I tried though, I saw her come out and she's got my personality and sass ;)  Plus, who would deny this beautiful baby?  I always thought it would be so sweet to have a daughter that looked just like me.  However, its much sweeter to have a daughter that looks just like her daddy.  She's the Mary Poppins of baby girls, practically perfect in every way.  Don't let her sleepy eyes and messy clothes fool you, she's a little diva.

So, ear piercing.  Your thoughts?  We're ready to get them done (maybe around 6-9 months old), but we're hearing a TON of flack about it.  Even from the pediatrician.  I asked him at their two month appointment what was a good age for piercing and he said "when she's old enough to ask for it and take care of it herself." Well, that's all fine and good, but we want them done sooner.  He conceded around 9 mos-a year would be a good time.  Even I know she's too young to get it done right now.  Heck, I won't even take them out to a mall yet for fear of germs.  I'm thinking we can get her ears done when she's fully vaccinated.  No, the vaccinations have nothing to do with the piercing, but they're pretty much staying out of the public eye until they're immune-or close to it.  Do you have any idea what nasty bugs are floating around out there?  Vax people, vax.

Its after midnight and I'll be up for a feeding in 3 hours, so I better call it a night.  Peace out homies.

2 comments:

  1. My professional (professional sassy pants diva) opinion is to get her ears pierced! I think it's precious on little girls! DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I was one of those who wasn't allowed until I could prove (to my parents) that I was responsible enough to take care of pierced ears. I still remember the awesome feeling of when I was finally deemed "able." Ha. I'll probably do it that way for my gal, but to each their own. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete