6.30.2011

[what the?]

So I was totally not expecting this gem of a post partum ailment.  My bleeping hair is falling out.  In CLUMPS.  I have a ton of hair, so I shed from time to time, but I'm getting fist fulls of hair every time I run my fingers through my hair.  Showers are especially depressing.  I really hoped to avoid this, but alas, right on cue, my hair is falling out.  I have to clean my brushes out daily-they're THAT full of hair.

I also have night sweats.  Its been happening since delivery, but its easing up a lot lately.  Though the intense inferno that is my upper floor is doing nothing to help that.  Hot flashes.  Blech.  Its a good things I have such amazing, beautiful, fantabulous children to show for it ;)  Post partum periods are nothing to sneeze at either.  Since my dad is an avid reader of this blog, I'll spare the deets!  Just know they come back with avengance (sp?).

How depressing.  I love my hair.  I have heard a lot of women even get bald spots.  I'm pretty petrified of that.  I have (had?) great hair, why is it falling out?!  Its so bad that our shower drain and both sinks are clogged.  Awesome.  I hear it can last several months.  OMG.  What if all my hair falls out?

As Scarlett O'Hara would say "I'm not gonna think about it now, I'll think about it tomorrah"  <intentionally misspelled all you grammar hounds.

So, my babies are massive these days.  No joke!  {A} has cheeks for days.  They are precious!  {M} is so tall.  For every pound {A} puts on in fat {M} puts on in length.  So funny!  I can't wait for their 4 month check up in late July (oh em gee its flipping July) so we can see exactly how much they weigh and how tall they are.  I am a freak about growth percentages, so I'll be excited to know that too ;)

Have a wonderful day friends!  My dad and Nova will be here tomorrow, we're looking forward to it!

3 comments:

  1. That is so depressing about your hair! And the night sweats! And the period! It sounds awful! I'm so glad you have two precious babies to make up for it though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some other pregnant woman, albeit an angry one, actually told me to chill out when I started freaking out at the prospect of losing my hair post-partum. I should direct that bitch to your blog. That said, I hope it lets up soon...all of it. But yeah - beautiful babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send her over Katie, I'm in the mood to rumble :)

    Seriously though, how can one woman tell another what to fear about pregnancy and post partum? Its all scary until you've gone through it and even then you look back in amazement at what you were able to accomplish. Mom must = some sort of super power and even super heros get bummed about losing their hair.

    Mommy wars drive me batty. Everyone has an opinion and a perspective and its annoying ;)

    ReplyDelete