12.21.2010

Hungry for knowledge?

Sunday night M was in a bad mood.  Things just weren't going right for him.  Cranky doesn't even begin to cover it.  (Sorry babe, I have to give the back story or this post won't be as funny).  He had just cleaned the entire house-both floors-all three bedrooms-all three bathrooms-kitchen...you get the idea, he worked hard.  The house was immaculate!  He doesn't have a night stand on his side of the bed, so when he reads a book he just puts in on the floor when he goes to bed.  ANYWAY, he came downstairs asking me if I'd seen his book.  For those of you that know me, you know I don't pay much attention to detail, so no, I hadn't seen his book.

He's on the hunt for it, his books are VERY important to him-he has book cases full of them.  After a while, I heard stomping and see M fuming down the stair in a huff with what was left of his book in his hands.  Sweet little Nellie-dog had drug this book under our bed (where she brings all her victims) and had her way with it.  She worked hard on this one too.  The first 100 or so pages were stuck together with dried slobber.  Being the good wife that I am, I tried to show M that he didn't need to throw the book away, that he could still read it.  I painstakingly pried every single page apart.  After all that, its still probably not worth keeping BUT I had to try, right?

He takes meticulous care of his books, he gets upset when a page is bent.  All I could do was laugh!  I mean...its a book.  A replaceable, $30 book.  Meanwhile, Nellie is sitting next to me and as soon as she sees the book, she starts backing up into me-she KNOWS she's in trouble!  

Perhaps the funniest thing about all this is the book she chose to destroy :)  The name says it all.  
The good news is, Nellie was soon forgiven and M realized that it was silly to get so worked up about a book.  You can bet he'll be really careful where he leaves his books from now on!

For what its worth, this isn't a new talent for Miss Nellie.  So far her record includes: one military Bible, one high school diploma (M's), 4 pairs of stilettos, countless cheap plastic hangers and tons of toilet paper.  There is no method to her madness.  When the mood strikes, nothing is safe.  Its a good thing the mood doesn't strike often :)  

2 comments:

  1. Oh Nellie! What a character she is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious!!! lol...so sorry M! lol...but it's sooo funny!! Oh Nells!!

    ReplyDelete