11.15.2010

And there He was :)


We took a QUICK trip back to the homeland this past weekend.  We hung out with family and got to visit some of our old stomping grounds.  It was a blast.  Perhaps the most memorable moment this weekend occurred while we enjoyed a wax sculpture of Frodo and Gandalf.

Let me back up a smidge.  One of our excursions was to Branson.  We visited the famous Hollywood Wax Museum on the grand strand (aka Hwy 76).  We had just gotten up to the second floor when we encountered a woman selling show tickets.  We hummed and hawed for a few minutes as she tried to get us to buy tickets to the 12 Irish Tenors.  The prices were unbeatable.  Something like $20 for 4 tickets to a show that would ordinarily be $50/person!  We discovered that our time frame in Branson didn't coincide with the show.  As we were wrapping up our convo and trying to leave, she showed us a few pictures of her son-in-law and daughter.

The man in the picture is Army Infantry and her daughter had just given birth to triplets.  Shocked, I told her of our similarities.  She, equally shocked at the coincidence, asked me a slew of questions.  I explained my joys and fears about the future and I stood there in awe as she asked if she could pray over us.  Um YES!  M, my mother-in-law, my father-in-law, me and this angelic stranger clasped hands in front of the wax cast of Bonanza.  She spoke so eloquently and her words brought such comfort to me.  When the "Amen's" were done, she remarked that she had goosebumps.  She was sure the Lord was with us and heard her prayers.  I have no doubt He was :)

I'm so thankful for this beautiful stranger's prayer.  Its amazing that this crazy mixed up world still has such beauty.  As we hugged and squirted out a few tears, she told me she's never done anything like that before.  I felt incredibly blessed that the Lord lead her to me that day, or maybe He lead me to her, I don't know.  He knew I needed  His love.  I'll never forget that magic moment.

I hope the Lord finds His way into your life this week :)

1 comment:

  1. That is such a WONDERFUL story of the Lord and his majesty! I love it! How amazing when God puts things like that in our lives, how impacting they are! Thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete