Its SNOWING! Its been in the 70's and 80's for the last couple weeks so I was shocked at how fast the temp dropped. It was nice and sunny-even WARM when I left for work this a.m. Now its frigid, windy, dark and snowy. I'll never cease to be amazed by these magical mountains.
There's something about snow thats sort of innocent. I remember being a kid and singing a song my Aunt Ann taught all of us. "If all of the rain drops were lemon drops and gum drops, oh what a rain it would be! I'd stand outside with my mouth open wide. Ah Ah Ahaha Ah Ahaha Ah Aha. If all of the rain drops were lemon drops and gum drops oh what a rain it would be!" Ready for the second verse?! "If all of the snow flakes were hershey bars and milk shakes, Oh what a snow it would be! I'd stand outside with my mouth open wide. Ah Ah Ahaha Ah Ahaha Ah Aha. If all of the snow flakes were hershey bars and milkshakes Oh what a snow it would be!"
Oh to be a kid again and enjoy life through wonderous, innocent eyes. Fears were silly and easily calmed by a loving hug from mom or dad. Happiness was pure and unencumbured by the reality of "real" life. The future wasn't so scary. Laughter was from the belly and sadness didn't exist-well at least not for long. Friends were forever and Summer adventures exploring and building forts in the woods seemed to captivate the soul. I think we need to live a little bit more like that. Allow the splendor of life to carry us away-at least every now and again, just like children do.
There's something about snow thats sort of innocent. I remember being a kid and singing a song my Aunt Ann taught all of us. "If all of the rain drops were lemon drops and gum drops, oh what a rain it would be! I'd stand outside with my mouth open wide. Ah Ah Ahaha Ah Ahaha Ah Aha. If all of the rain drops were lemon drops and gum drops oh what a rain it would be!" Ready for the second verse?! "If all of the snow flakes were hershey bars and milk shakes, Oh what a snow it would be! I'd stand outside with my mouth open wide. Ah Ah Ahaha Ah Ahaha Ah Aha. If all of the snow flakes were hershey bars and milkshakes Oh what a snow it would be!"
Oh to be a kid again and enjoy life through wonderous, innocent eyes. Fears were silly and easily calmed by a loving hug from mom or dad. Happiness was pure and unencumbured by the reality of "real" life. The future wasn't so scary. Laughter was from the belly and sadness didn't exist-well at least not for long. Friends were forever and Summer adventures exploring and building forts in the woods seemed to captivate the soul. I think we need to live a little bit more like that. Allow the splendor of life to carry us away-at least every now and again, just like children do.
Last year we already had 2 feet (yes FEET) of snow on the ground by Oct 20. I'm glad we got a long fall this year, the Aspen's were just breathtaking. Nellie LOVES the snow. She will be pumped for her evening walk! Now that I think of it, the drive home will be horrendous, dammit.
I hope wherever you are, you're enjoying the weather! Much love from snowy Mile High :)

No comments:
Post a Comment