Smarter than I give them credit for. Lately I've been watching them soak things in and learn. These days if we show them something once, they catch on. Incredible how efficient those brains are getting!
Examples:
*Fancy says "bessu" (bless you) when someone sneezes.
*Coach will walk by a picture of a family member and say "Mimi!" or "Poppa", etc. and when we ask where Mimi and Poppa are he points to their pictures. If the picture isn't in his eye shot he will shake his head and say "Idunno" (I don't know).
*Fancy fake eats sometimes. I'll ask her to take a bite of food and she'll put the food up to her mouth and take a big bite of the air in front of it. Then she'll chew this imaginary food and say "yuuuuuum!". She thinks she's so smart.
*If they don't like something they're being served for a meal they either give it to Nellie or stuff in in t he sides of their high chairs. Clever...but we're onto them.
*They have learned how to fake blow their noses. When we were sick a couple months ago I tried to get them to blow their noses, but they didn't understand. They saw us blow our noses so now when they see a tissue or a wipe laying around they'll grab it and position it on their noses and make a toot sound with their mouths. Sounds real! If you didn't know any better you'd think they were actually blowing their noses!
*They're masters of the fake-out. I'll ask them to please give the other a toy or to come over to me so I can get them dressed. They'll start walking over and then at the last minute they get a sinister little smirk, pivot and run away. With toys they'll start to hand it over and then yank it away when someone reaches for it. They run away laughing. Not sure if this is going to scar them for life or not, but its funny. They do the same with kissies and hugs.
*This morning on PBS we were watching Super Why and after the show Rosa (I think that's her name) came on to spell something. She had three letters on a board and she asked what the letter was. Fancy burst out "Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee". She was freaking right! It was the letter "b". Rosa asked what the next letter was and Fancy said "Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee". Guess what? Right again. Then about a minute after that Coach said "Deee", which was the third letter. She never mentioned what letters they were, she only said the word. AMAZING coincidence, no? I'm not naive enough to think they actually knew those letters, but holy cow that was perfect timing to shout out their favorite letters. We've been saying our ABC's and 123's, so they know several of the letters, but they can't identify them yet (obviously).
*When The Daddy is reading Cat In The Hat sometimes he tries to deviate from the story by adding his own commentary. Fancy knows this entire book so well that if he misses a word, ONE WORD, she gets mad at him and says "no, no" and points to the page.
*They are freaks about cleanliness. I cleaned the living room this morning while they ate breakfast. Nellie brought in some remnants of their breakfast they had so lovingly thrown to her that I hadn't had a chance to clean up yet. Coach walked over to me, breakfast remnant in hand and said "Momma, uckie. Ewww" and dropped it in my hand like it was plague-ridden. If Fancy finds a fuzz or a string out of place she brings it to me and says "uckie". I guess they're starting to understand that food off the floor is no good!
*When they poop they walk over to me and say "poop" and go over to where the diapers are and say "dipa" (diaper). That's my cue that they want to be changed. Potty training might be closer than I realize. Eek.
*We watched Elf yesterday afternoon and when Jovie yells at Buddy or when someone gets hurt or is scared, Fancy will get upset and say "noooooo" in the saddest little voice and walk over to me so I can hold her. Such a tender little heart.
*During the scene in Elf where he's decorating Gimbles, they noticed all their favorite Sesame Street toys in the back ground. I'd never noticed Elmo, Bert and Ernie before now. Gang's all there! Through the eyes of a child :)
*We were stuffing diapers this morning and they pointed to each diaper and I told them what color they were. After a couple times of me telling them I decided to try and see if they remembered. I pointed to a blue diaper and Coach said "bue". I pointed to an orange diaper and Fancy said "onze". They didn't get all of them right, but they did a great job!
*We've been talking about Santa Clause a lot. They don't really understand what he does, but they love him. We have a Santa on the mantle and one on the kitchen table. They really dig having him around all the time.
Eff you blogger, I was going to add a picture with this post, but I'm out of storage, so I have to BUY more. That's nice. Maybe its time to switch over to wordpress...
No comments:
Post a Comment