11.13.2012

{First kiss}

At Grady and Greer's first birthday party on Sunday we not only celebrated two beautiful babies turning one, we had our first kiss! 

The pictures are in order (going clockwise) and the last picture of the series is in the middle. 

Adorable!  Greer's twin Grady was having some milk while this was all going on.  He missed out :(.  It was such a funny turn of events.  I wish someone would have video taped it, but we were all too busy ooo-ing and ahhh-ing to get our phones/cameras out!  Jami and I sang "I kissed a girl and I liked it" when Greer and Fancy kissed. 

We've been fighting a MAJOR sleep battle with Fancy Face.  About 3 nights ago she started screaming when we'd put her to bed.  Nap times too.  Nothing we did helped.  We ended up bringing her into our bed for naps and bedtime.  But before we did that we wrestled with her for hours trying to get her to sleep in her own bed.  Exhausting. 

I rearranged their room 3 days ago (I put them on opposite sides of the room and the dresser between them to combat naptime playtime) and we thought she might just not like being by the window.  We moved her into Coach's bed and that seemed to be the trick for all of 15 minutes.  Then it started again.  Today while they were napping and while Fancy was screaming I decided to move their beds back together.  Problem solved, well for nap time at least.  She missed her brother.  Naptime went great...on her end of the nap, anyway.  Coach didn't sleep at all.  Right now Coach is out like a light and Fancy is screaming.  Frustrated.

All that sleepiness culminated in Walmart this evening while we were picking up stroller tires and a new watch for The Daddy.  They wanted nothing to do with the stroller and their favorite game is darting in different directions.  Running away from momma and daddy is hysterical, you know.  They didn't want to be held.  They didn't want to hold our hands.  They ran all over, pulled stuff off shelves, threw themselves on the floor, screamed, kicked and generally made that trip one from hades. 

Never again.  NEVER. 

We grabbed Smithfields for dinner and let them play outside when we got home to burn off some energy.  I love our yard and the view.  The fall folliage is incredible here.  So blessed to live in such a beautiful place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment