10.03.2012

{perspective}

I saw this article, posted by a friend on facebook, and it has really made me think.  I spend a lot of time photographing my gorgeous children.  I'm in less than 1% of those pictures.  Partly because I am usually in a spunky photography mood when the daddy is at work (hence no one to take the picture), but mostly because I don't like the way I look.  Reading this article gave me some perspective.  Its not about how thin or fat I am (or think I am) its about making memories with my babies.  This time is so fleeting and its important that we document it for them, since I don't think they'll remember much.  I want to make sure I'm part of that documentation, more than just the photographer. 

Switching gears, Coach has experienced his very first time out.  He's been hitting and throwing a lot lately.  Tantrums are at an all time high, as well.  Full blown melt downs.  He takes toys from his sister and when she resists, he hits her.  Hmmm.  He likes to push her down, too.  I'm not sure where the aggression is coming from, but we've decided its timeout time.

He doesn't understand the concept and he gets pretty upset about having to sit in one spot while his sister plays.  I think timeout is going to have to take place in another room or in a pack n play.  I sit him down and look in his eyes and tell him that he may not hit/kick/push/etc his sister.  I ask him if he understands and he usually nods, but I don't know whether he does actually understand at this age.  Fingers crossed it clicks soon.

P.S.  One month exactly until my FIFTH wedding anniversary.  Holy cow, five years already?  

No comments:

Post a Comment