10.10.2012

{Nooooooooooooooooooooooo}

Game of Thrones SPOILERS
 -
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
As I mentioned previously, I'm reading Game of Thrones.  I went on youtube to see if there were any episode clips from the show since I'm too cheap to buy the episodes off of amazon.  I found several, but accidentally clicked on some late season one, early season two episodes.

Khal Drogo and Daenerys are by far and away my favorite plot line.  I love watching (figuratively) them fall in love and gush over her belly/baby.  Imagine my horror when I found out (accidentally) what happens to Khal and their beloved baby.  Oh.my.gosh.  I don't even know if I can go on with the books.  I'm horrified. 

I first stumbled upon the episode where she's in some kind of dream magic and she sees Khal holding baby Rhaego.  I didn't think much of it until I pieced together that Khal and the baby were dead.  When I figured that out I think I died a little inside.  He kept calling her the "moon of his life".  I was sobbing like a baby when she turned from them and walked away.  I have no idea what the context was here, but it was devastating to watch. 

I then found the episode where she mercy kills him.  Ouch.  I could barely watch.  His death and then the pyre scene.  I'm still in shock.  I know its just a book and its not real, but I get really into the books I read.  That's why I love them.  They transport you to another world for a short time. 

I will say, what I've seen of the show it looks amazing!  I feel like they nailed the characters and I truly can't wait to see more.  I'll have to ditch my cheapskate ways temporarily and watch the episodes on amazon.  I'm dreading getting to the part about Khal and Rhaego dying though :(  I'm quickly discovering that death is a HUGE part of this series.  

No comments:

Post a Comment