10.27.2012

{First art project!}


We got a wild hair and decided to get some paint.  Well, I am brainstorming for original Christmas presents for the grandparents and paint is involved so we decided to let them try it out.  Note to the grandparents:  These are not your Christmas presents.  I wouldn't ruin the surprise :)  Anyway, they had a blast and they caught on pretty quickly to using the brush, dipping it in the paint and putting it on their paper.  They, of course, tried to eat it and painted their hands and bodies, but whats a little paint on the skin when you're having a good time? 

They were so proud of their masterpieces!  I must say, I am too.  I'm fairly certain I'm raising two little Van Gogh's :)  So much concentration and hard work!  Sometime this week we're going to try finger painting.  I'm excited to see what creations they'll come up with!  They're incredible :)

The finished paintings!
 
We're bracing for Hurricane Sandy that may or may not be super serious for us.  Its hitting the NC coast right now, but they're saying it might just miss us.  Fingers crossed!  Its supposed to be pretty bad for the whole eastern seaboard.  Definitely thinking of everyone in Sandy's path. 


No comments:

Post a Comment