9.22.2012

{18 months}

 Our darling little loves are a year and a half old!  I just fall more in love each day.  They're incredible little people.  Incredible little people who are refusing to nap currently, but I guess that's the way it goes in toddlerville.  This is such a fun age!  We're always laughing at the hysterical and original stuff they come up with.  Such imagination, innocence and unbridled fascination. 

They want to know how everything works.  What's inside, under and behind.  They are discovering different textures-sand, grass, etc.  They are completely obsessed with animals.  They make animal noises and are talking up a storm.  They are starting to speak in short sentences and are running all over the place.  "I do it" is a big thing in our house right now.  The days of hanging out, content in the stroller are over.  There's just way too much for them to discover!  Its a good thing there are two of us (the daddy and I)!

Cloth diapering is going well.  We use them about 90% of the time.  I haven't found a good overnight diaper yet.  Taking suggestions for toddler overnight cloth if anyone has them!  I'm thinking of trying the Kawaii Heavy Wetters.  We use disposables at night and when we travel.  I'm still waiting on an order (that I placed in effing AUGUST through a co-op) that will put us at capacity.  I ordered them and the company botched the order so over a month later we're all still waiting.  FRUSTRATING, but I think things are getting ironed out...maybe?

The babies are still hovering around 27-28lbs (Coach) and 24-25lbs (Fancy) and I have no idea about height or head circumference.  Meal times are trying.  Some days we find the magic meal and they gobble it up and others they eat only fruit and goldfish all day.  Its incredibly frustrating, but we're making our way through it.  Naps are still shitty.  I think that's just a fact of life.  They sleep well at night (12-13 hours) and they go to bed really easily at 7pm on the nose every night.

Tantrums are still very much a part of life here and I'd guess they're getting worse.  I hear they do that.  I've found myself giving in on some occasions just to make them stop screaming.  When I concede to whatever it is they're freaking out about, the tears immediately stop and I get an evil "I win!" grin.  Again...frustrating.  I know you can't give in or else we'll be raising monsters.  I'm pretty firm at home, but in public, when shit hits the fan I'm a complete softy.  They win 100% of the time.  I need to work on this.

Fighting is another struggle.  Despite having two of everything, they still fight.  They fight over who gets to hug the baby doll in the morning.  They fight over Mr Potato Head.  They fight over who gets to turn the page when we're reading books.  Coach likes to edge Fancy out so he has our undivided attention.  Of course, we correct this so Fancy can see whatever we're doing.  They fight over who gets to pet Nellie and where.  Oh the fighting.  Its intense!

Fighting is just part of having a sibling.  Its inevitable.  Along with the fighting, they do a lot of loving too.  Sometimes when they're playing, out of nowhere one will lean over and hug/kiss the other.  They are starting to get the hang of sharing (some days) and they love snuggling together.  They don't like to be too far from each other.  If they're running around they always look to make sure their twin is in eye shot.

And without further adieu, what you really came here for, the pictures!

Attempted 18 month photoshoot...

Quite possibly my four favorite pictures of them EVER

Happy Saturday!  Have a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment